PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know sunshine - I can't crochet but somebody else will come along and help. Hope the shoulder knits itself back togther though! xx
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm 58 and I would like to think I was a good cook long before my mid 50s. If anything I'm getting to the stage where I can't always be arrised since the DDs are often out or can fend for themselves -although, having said that, DD2 wouldn't eat at all if I didn't make her - but it's not exactly rewarding feeding her when she's whinging "I'm not hungry". (Yes and I know why you're not hungry, madam, I've seen the chocolate wrappers in your room which don't make it to the bin GRRRR). It astonishes me that she's 17, still has a legendary capacity for chocolate and is still skinny as a rake. She knows she won't always be able to eat like that but intends to carry on for as long as possible
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Sunshine4
    Options
    Thank you Mar.
    I need surgery on it and it looks like I will have to wait about 18 months for it.

Denise
    C.R.A.P. R.O.O.L.Z. Member. 21 Norn Iron deputy h
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Kittie, so sorry you've had to cancel your holiday. Hope OH isn't too bad a patient.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Sunshine when you crochet all your left arm does is hold the yarn :D.

Give me a minute and i'll hunt out the youtube vids I used to teach myself crochet.

The annoying thing with learning crochet is it's the first couple of steps that are the most difficult to learn but after that it's addictive and easy.

While I'm looking for vids for you have a look at http://attic24.typepad.com/ if Lucy's crochet doesn't get you hooked, nothing will ;) It's the only blog I've read from beginning to end - pure indulgent me time and better than a magazine :)
  • debtmess
    debtmess Posts: 711 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning x and hello to all :)

I flick through the long that's like this but some were so long and on going I didn't want to be rude n jump in.

It's been a long week in my house, I'm off work for the week (I work term time :D ) having a good clear out and tidy up, today's plans is to steam all my windows clean and finish catching up on the washing. Have passed so much on via free cycle, no idea if its just me but items I put on now I'm getting a huge amount of replies to, I used to ebay but times no long allows the joy of going to post office few times a week, the extra cash would have been handy.

Maryb I have a teen sister who lives with me like that, her bedroom full of wrappers, made a promise not to buy the type of stuff that disappears up to her room as soon as it comes through the door.
    Debt free :beer:

Married 15/02/14:D
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, for a beginner just practising I would say use DK yarn and a 4mm hook (being a knitter you'd have guessed that ;) )

Here's the beginner vid's I used. Just play around with the different stitches. The chain stitch is the first stitch and is quite easy, learning to do the second step was the most difficult for me but it's just a blip and once sussed crocheting is a breeze :)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL59FA9DF4C757945B
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Someone who's name I don't know has asked to friend me on Facebook - if it's someone from here PM me!
  • Sunshine4
    Options
    fuddle wrote: »
    Ok, for a beginner just practising I would say use DK yarn and a 4mm hook (being a knitter you'd have guessed that ;) )

Here's the beginner vid's I used. Just play around with the different stitches. The chain stitch is the first stitch and is quite easy, learning to do the second step was the most difficult for me but it's just a blip and once sussed crocheting is a breeze :)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL59FA9DF4C757945B

Thank you Fuddle.
    you know where I will be for the next few hours

Denise
    C.R.A.P. R.O.O.L.Z. Member. 21 Norn Iron deputy h
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hi Sunshine there is a thread on OS about Crochet, don't know if it is of any help to you. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1402877&highlight=crochet

Jenny
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure