PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    I missed a birthday:(or perhaps we generally don't celebrate the real reasons for them(getting older)and treat them as a special day to hopefully do something special, hopefully with those who mean something in our lives or just take a "Day off!" Or do something nice for someone else on their birthday. Hope it was good for you Possession.

Thank you for your observation on my attempts at cooking etc...:)

I think I am generally more my happy caring self. I think food is my outlet and heaven forbid one day I am told that I cannot eat certain foods. I would happily prepare meals for others to enjoy. I don't see it as a chore.

Ahhh, rabbits(my weakness)if I could find it again, in the last day or two, there was a lovely image of a US soldier who found abandoned little one's when sweeping some army base and he's caring for them. Here's this tough big soldier feeding this tiny little animal with a what looks like an eye dropper. It really is worth seeing.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    With all due respect, Kitchen Garden, if you feel the thread is inappropriate, then perhaps you should take it up with one of the mods or board guides who can assess the situation and take any appropriate action. Otherwise, perhaps you'd prefer to start a thread based on topics you find less annoying and avoid those that annoy you.
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    This thread will evolve, go through cycles, return to its original reason for being there but like a conversation it will go off in different directions depending on questions raised and circumstances we find ourselves. Also, it will change as and when others join in and contribute.

Some threads are very specific and you know what you'll get if you go there. Here, every day can be different.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    This has been designated a thread where chat is allowed, by MSE. Should the regular posters be concerned with the opinion of someone who has virtually never posted on the thread and then posts to stir? I suggest not. Much more reasonable and sensible use of your time to just not read the thread if you don't like it. This happens every so often when posters come along who like more confrontation than is normal here. We always get past it. Personally I'd like MSE to police multiple accounts more and delete any users who have multiple IDs, but I don't generally complain about it.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think it might be wise to ignore this kind of post. Commenting on them seems to draw more attention and make things worse, so its probably best to avoid responding or discussing...
  • Mrs_Chip
    Mrs_Chip Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Options
    Kitchen Garden

This thread is no different than it ever was, and the previous incarnations before it. I can only suggest, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Methinks the troll season has started early this year :mad:.

Moving on - Have a good trip Mrs LW, always nice to get away for a change.

Strawberries - the badger has breached my defenses! Ok, so the mesh was not exactly going to put it off but I did hope... so now I have to work out how to stop the blighter getting in and eating the ripe strawberries before I do. the sooner the plant are up out of harms way the better.

Ginny - hope all goes well with OHs MRI, will cross fingers.

Possession - poor bunnies, they can certainly kick, can't they! Hope they pick up soon.
    Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs C I'm not sure I've ever heard 'a badger ate my strawberries' before. We currently only have 2 greenish strawberries so I shall be particularly annoyed if a badger comes and eats them.
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think, personally, with a thread showing 684,770 views shows many many people like to pop in and read or post helpful comments, recipes and hints MSE would be disinclined to move this thread anywhere. I dont really see why it bothers people what we talk about, just go onto another thread which ticks your boxes. The only more popular thread on the first page seems to be the O/S pleasures also full of lovely people chatting about their day - go figure - horses for courses as they say.

Sorry my two pennorth for what its worth - 2 pennies I guess. BTW bacon butty was lovely and OH has retired gracefully to bed again.

Welcome sweetpea cottage, can we see pics of the afore mentioned cottage anywhere. So we now have 2 Princess's and a sweet pea :rotfl:
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • PRINCESSX87
    PRINCESSX87 Posts: 969 Forumite
    Options
    ginnyknit wrote: »
    I think, personally, with a thread showing 684,770 views shows many many people like to pop in and read or post helpful comments, recipes and hints MSE would be disinclined to move this thread anywhere. I dont really see why it bothers people what we talk about, just go onto another thread which ticks your boxes. The only more popular thread on the first page seems to be the O/S pleasures also full of lovely people chatting about their day - go figure - horses for courses as they say.

Sorry my two pennorth for what its worth - 2 pennies I guess. BTW bacon butty was lovely and OH has retired gracefully to bed again.

Welcome sweetpea cottage, can we see pics of the afore mentioned cottage anywhere. So we now have 2 Princess's and a sweet pea :rotfl:

Haha, No confusion much is there.

Hope the bacon butty was lovvvvely! :) x
    I'm not even commenting on these trolls, If of course, their not happy with the thread, then more full them reading it!

Decided to go with the chicken for din dins tonight. I've already got a tummy bug so prop wouldn't notice if i got ill :rotfl:
    Future goals:
    Become debt free.
    Beat Depression.
    Be happy & healthy
  • Mrs_Chip
    Mrs_Chip Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Options
    Possession wrote: »
    Mrs C I'm not sure I've ever heard 'a badger ate my strawberries' before. We currently only have 2 greenish strawberries so I shall be particularly annoyed if a badger comes and eats them.

Last year I thought is was the birds pinching them, but having learned this year that the badgers roam our gardens at night I guessed it was them. I surrounded the bed with plastic-coated wire mesh, but lo-and-behold, this morning there was a badger sized bend under the mesh, several flat plants and none of the near ripe berries that were there yesterday :mad:.
    I love wildlife, and it is great that we are so lucky to be surrounded by it, but sometimes it is a bit trying!
    Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport