PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all, had an early start today as the contractors were supposed to come and finish off my fence - they left a DGs sized gap which led between our fence and the one behind it belonging to the bungalow at the back of us. Of course DGS found it funny to try out his specially built hidden pathway and scare the beejebus out of his grandma :eek: Well they didnt arrive :mad::mad:

I am the proud owner of courgette flowers and I am so happy, the sight of them lifted my heart - I know its silly but I really needed that lift. To add to my joy I am about to construct bacon butties, Mr S cooking bacon of course. Received a letter today, OH has been called back for another MRI scan but this one is at 7pm so no rush hour traffic to deal with, he is a little concerned now to say the least.

While I am at it can I thank the kind people on here who have pm'd me with kind thoughts and support especially dear little Fuddle who has, despite her own problems, thought of me several times and cheered me up no end.

Off for butties and a bit of crafting before I clean the house.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All,
    Kezlou enjoy the School Sports Day(I wonder why I don't remember many of those?)Then again the same is true of Parents Evenings...is that my impaired memory or they did not happen in those long distant times?emo4.gif

Pop festival VJsMum? Perhaps I'll pay more attention:) this year and for those attending again...enjoy. Its like planning a major battle and getting provisions together but a big party once you get thereemo26.gif

Someone else is going to a food festival Yay! There are more than I realised across the UK, some free, some charge too much to attend. Typically, just as we have come expect with Glastonberry it looks like rainemo13.gifbut that is a week away.

I don't really have suitable clothing for that kind of weather and one item that may be still needs to be binned or have the zip replaced(more cost)if it becomes warm I don't want to be carrying un-necessary items with me especially when I have to use a bus and cannot put it in a car and forget about it.

The event in Northallerton seems interesting, good choice of stalls and its free, I hope yours is too FairyPrincessk, some are disappointing.

I hope it is ok for the Proms in the Park I have planned, if I make it there but that's still two weeks away so we may all still be lucky with our days out.

I have books, websites and a knowledge of OS living, tips as long as your arm and could just put them online but we chat, share experiences on a personal level(may I never judge)nor play the my illness, financial situation is worse than your's.

There is a limit to how much OS you can talk without repeating or introduce into a thread/conversation and in theory the same tips will come around but you can suggest an idea/solution when asked for one. Often we need support/advice and being pointed in the right direction.

If we feel strong and can face the world by having a problem taken away or see a way around that obsticle the rest can often fall into place.

And as for judging others(and I rarely quote from the Bible)but religious or not in general I tend to think of the following...

"Why behold the speck that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?" Not unsimilar to someone who has a chip on their shoulder. Or the other oft mentioned "Try walking in someone else's shoes"

I think I'll have missed Mrs L as I seem to have been writing this for ages but I hope you enjoy your few days away.

Thanks for recipe ideas and good to see others with a food store SDG31000 comes to mindemo3.gifwith similar thoughts to myself. My food bill is now mainly just trying to buy salad, general vegetables and fruit. I can go back to what I have in the cupboards, pantry, crates, store etc...

I often eat items past the date on the can/packet. They're fine. I'm still here too and have come to no harm so far.

And as for beans...that's a new line I am going down now and adding to my diet.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • EstherH
    EstherH Posts: 1,150 Forumite
    Options
    FUDDLE: I just want to clarify that when I said I enjoyed reading about your trials (and triumphs) last night, I didn't mean I enjoyed that you were having them. I was in a rush and shocked at the post I had just read. I just wanted to add my support as someone who reads the thread most days but very rarely posts. I am sorry to read about your troubles but amazed at your resilience and strength in coming through them. Hope I have made myself clearer and encouraged you. God bless. Esther x
    Second purse £101/100
    Third purse. £500 Saving for Christmas 2014
    ALREADY BANKED:
    £237 Christmas Savings 2013
    Stock Still not done a stock check.
    Started 9/5/2013.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    FPK you haven't been telling your strawberries about my 'Wedding Underwear' misunderstanding have you? It certainly made me go a bit pink round the edges!!!

POSESSION Very Happy Birthday for yesterday, hope the bunnies have made a rapid recovery and don't worry too much about thier not drinking, if they are taking greenstuff they are most likely getting enough moisture for thier needs in that.

I have now in my head a very graphic image of GQ in the supermarket in the damp sheet demanding YS beer and Spearmint Tea, tis almost the stuff of legend!!! Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • PRINCESSX87
    PRINCESSX87 Posts: 969 Forumite
    Options
    Quick question peeps:-

I brought some YS chicken over the weekend, Once home i placed in the freezer the same day. Weds got the chicken out and used some of it, Since then the remaining pieces have been in the fridge, Am i ok to cook it and eat today?

Or should i meet the bin? x
    Future goals:
    Become debt free.
    Beat Depression.
    Be happy & healthy
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Now I'm giggling, I must get back to work. I shall report on net building this evening, assuming I don't get myself in a tangle.
  • Popperwell
    Options
    Speaking of beans I found the following in Morrisons the other night(may get some more)some supermarkets are better on some items than others...at 59p(no soaking)half a can is the same as 1 of the 5 portions per day so it seemed not v expensive and ideal for someone like myself on my own. I could add to a salad or a meal perhaps in a slow cooker etc...
    Beans
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • Popperwell
    Options
    Quick question peeps:-

I brought some YS chicken over the weekend, Once home i placed in the freezer the same day. Weds got the chicken out and used some of it, Since then the remaining pieces have been in the fridge, Am i ok to cook it and eat today?

Or should i meet the bin? x

I would...and if cooked and is piping hot, it could probably be put back in the fridge and eaten over the weekend...If the fridge temp is good, it is stored correctly etc...I'd risk it. But I'm still learning:p

• PRINCESSX87
    PRINCESSX87 Posts: 969 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks popperwell:D
    Future goals:
    Become debt free.
    Beat Depression.
    Be happy & healthy
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm Princess, I am generally very meh about food dates, but I must admit I am careful with chicken. For myself I might be tempted to go with the sniff test, but if DH saw me doing it, it would be in the bin. I would use it though as long as it smelt OK and would definitely be eaten today.
    Mrs L I think they will be OK, but I'll abide by what the vet wants to do. I was pleasantly surprised with the cost of the aftercare too, after the shock of the cost of the spays! They are asleep at the moment but that's normal for this time of day. It has meant OS and healthy eating ways have slipped though this week, and after a heavy first communion weekend that's not good for my weight! I've lost 33 lbs and I do NOT want to be losing it again.
    Pops you're doing so well with food these days. I let my guard slip and MIL saw inside my garage. She almost fainted! So let's hope the S doesn't HTF any time soon as she's probably told everyone she knows how much food is in there. Ironically she said, "We'll know where to come if there's an apocalypse!" and I said "Yes, that's the point." but it fell on disbelieving ears. I may have lost all the brownie points I'd earnt over the years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure