IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye

Options
Hi

Needs some advice after reading several comments.

Basically I shopped at an Aldi Store in Birmingham with my Disabled Dad, Sister and Son, we were all doing our own individual shopping there until we come out the Shop and my Son noticed I had a flat tyre.
Yes unfortunately I went over the time by 15 minutes as I was trying to get RAC assistance, as I had no spare just the no good useless rubbished glue that didn't work.

I tried to get in contact with the company to explain but to no avail no customer service number just a payment number, Dad went into the Store to speak to the Manager very unhelpful, nothing to do with us private car park.

Had to move the Vehicle off the Car Park on a flat tyre with my Hazards lights on, as the light show up in the Black and White Picture
they provided me with, I was hoping I wouldn't get a parking charge at all but until today i have received one.

I so much want to ignore it and let them send more and hope they will give up in the end, but on the other hand I have written a dispute letter hoping they will see my point but I think I am being naive there as I have read all your comments they don't reply.

I also want to contact the Head Office for Aldi but guess what no email address only phone number or write in.

Any suggestions?

These companies should be absolutely banned and BPA should take them off there Books.

:eek::(:mad:

Comments

• bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes, i have a suggestion,,you have recieved a FAKE parking ticket, so simply do absolutely nothing and ignore all correspondance/threat o grams you recieve from parking spy or on behalf of them,yes, by all means complain to aldi about parking spy/eye,if as you say you have read all our comments, you will realise that this is purely a SCAM,so ignore,there is my suggestion,,jobs a belter aint it.nothing can/will happen to you as a result of this, chill now, relax, feet up.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 November 2012 at 12:03AM
    Options
    Yep, covered in every thread on here and Parking Eye have about 4 new threads today. Here's one quite similar to like yours, read the replies to save everyone having to repeat it all again:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4260287

So yes you can safely ignore it; just play snap with each letter against the pictures shown in our 'PPC letters chains' thread (currently 5th from top of this forum).

But equally, you have the right to apeal it and then take it to the new independent POPLA appeals procedure. And if they do not uphold your appeal you can safely ignore the letters again, as the decision is only binding on the PPC!

Include in your apeal the fact that your Dad was disabled and so you have a legal right to park for longer. Parking Eye have broken the Equality Act (it's no longer the DDA as mentioned on this BBC link, as the law was updated to the Equality Act 2010 which applies and covers you/your Dad):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8488737.stm

Include that link to Parking Eye and tell them to put it in their pipe and smoke it! :D

And I think SodG24 can supply the email of the CEO of Aldi, you may need to wait till tomorrow as the forum is down for maintenance overnight. You need to complain to Aldi very strongly - not to the BPA, they are just an old boys' club not a regulator, despite what you may think.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't forget that the BPA is not some sort of regulator, it's a cosy club for the parking "industry". They won't do anything.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • HardWorker2010_2
    Options
    Three things you should consider doing as soon as possible:

1. Ignore everything from Parking Eye. Come back here for reassurance if you need it as each letter attempting to scare you arrives.

2. Tell all your friends/family/colleagues about the scandal of PPC parasites being let lose in private car parks and how they try to bully innocent people into giving them money. (You do know you've not broken any laws, don't you???).

3. Let Aldi know that you will be boycotting their stores from now on and spreading the word that they allow this to go in their name.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kiwee wrote: »
    I so much want to ignore it and let them send more and hope they will give up in the end, but on the other hand I have written a dispute letter hoping they will see my point but I think I am being naive there as I have read all your comments they don't reply.

Then ignore them!

If you have read the posts, you will have seen how they progress the scam and the letter chain thread shows you what to expect.

Nothing else will happen!

All your contacting them means is that they will try a bit longer to scam money out of you, so maybe expect a few more letters.

Last time I had one of their fake tix - in an Aldi, they didn't even stay their usual course and gave-up after three letters. There is no chance now for them to try and take me to court. :)
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    edited 2 November 2012 at 4:37PM
    Options
    I find the concept of a PPC "seeing your point" amusing to say the least. If they "saw your point" it would lose them money. So it's not going to happen. Is it?
    Just take the advice given to ignore all their communications. Nothing is going to happen to you.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • surfboy1
    surfboy1 Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    I find Parking Eye very easy to ignore and have done so on a few occasions. They gave up after only 3 letters with me, i made no contact with them whatsoever.
  • edward123
    Options
    surfboy1 wrote: »
    I find Parking Eye very easy to ignore and have done so on a few occasions. They gave up after only 3 letters with me, i made no contact with them whatsoever.

I'm finding it hard to get Parking Eye to actually give me a 'ticket' (i.e. toilet paper)!
    Got a ticket from ParkingEye? Seek advice by clicking here: Private Parking forum on MoneySavingExpert.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure