We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Lloyds 'wrongly rejecting PPI claims'

Options
1234568»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,756 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    When did she recieve the rejection, what was it for, what were her complaint reasons.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Kaz_b
    Kaz_b Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    She got her letter about February/march
    Her ppi was for loans that she had been taking out since 1986. They said she had to have ppi as she was a single parent. X
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,756 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    She can forward her complaint to the FOS or go back to Lloyds. If she goes back to Lloyds, it's a re-investigation and they can take as long as they like, meanwhile you will have missed the window for going to the FOS, which is 6 months after the full and final rejection.

If they were a consolidated chain of loans, i.e. a new one was taken out before the old one was finished, then that will be the main thrust of her complaint. So, a series of consolidation loans with single premium.

Personally, I would forget about asking lloyds to reinvestigate and forward it to the FOS because you're almost out of time to do that.
    You'll be waiting at the earliest 6 months.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure