Being trapped on wrong planet/dimension

Options
I really do feel like somehow I have been abducted and put on the wrong planet, or in a parallel universe.

I just find this one stranger and stranger like I just don't belong here.

Its my own fault for reading articles on the Daily Mail, they are bad enough but far more shocking are the comments by people - I often don't even recognise them as coming from the same species as me.

I find it quite depressing that the world that I knew and grew up in is disappearing daily. If I won the Euro lottery you can keep you big mansion in Essex and 14 Range Rovers.

I would buy a small island and start my own country - The Independent state of Sanity anyone? (entry with valid visa only)
European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.

Comments

• somethingcorporate
    Options
    Count me and my wife in.

The sky is falling in!
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one - I try to avoid newspapers, social media etc - this world has become a very bitter place.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    sillygoose wrote: »
    I would buy a small island and start my own country - The Independent state of Sanity anyone? (entry with valid visa only)
    Already been done :D
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • bargainbetty
    bargainbetty Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

Try this - the Daily Mail headline generator.

I've given up on anything except the World Service, and try to find nice things to read about about too.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....
    LB moment - March 2006. DFD - 1 June 2012!!! DEBT FREE!

May grocery challenge £45.61/£120
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    I am definitely an alien, I have 'spider sense' ! just popped to the shops parked up. As I was walking away I 'felt' the car parking behind mine wasn't right so turned back. Just as it made contact with mine and then tried to push it! I ran over and banged on the bonnet it was a huge old Vauxhall Estate and shouted at the driver to back up.

It was an old couple that were really flustered and sorry - scary isn't it? so I calmed down, no apparent damage they were really distressed and fully admitted the mistake so I talked to them, perhaps they should think about downsizing the car, it was huge and let it go. We will all be old one day but still need food.

A couple of weeks ago parked in a queue, a middle aged woman in an Audi A3 tried to get by to a side turning and hit my rear - I felt my car being pushed! As soon as we jumped out she started sneering and ranting her innocence on and on - fortunately no damage so again let it go but when I looked over the front of her car it was a mass of scrapes, dents and other cars paint colours. She is obviously a serial rammer, no wonder she had all the excuses ready!

I just think if we all cut each other a bit of slack and took some responsibility we could turn the place back into 'Earth' as I knew it.
  • Saturnalia
    Saturnalia Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    Options
    I really do feel like somehow I have been abducted and put on the wrong planet, or in a parallel universe.

Its my own fault for reading articles on the Daily Mail, they are bad enough but far more shocking are the comments by people - I often don't even recognise them as coming from the same species as me.

You're not alone Sillygoose, and you aren't so silly either! :)

I don't get it how so many people are so full of hate, what is the point of living your life in that way?
    Public appearances now involve clothing. Sorry, it's part of my bail conditions.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2012 at 5:41PM
    Options
    Saturnalia wrote: »
    You're not alone Sillygoose, and you aren't so silly either! :)

I don't get it how so many people are so full of hate, what is the point of living your life in that way?

Thanks, you're right. In the situations I mentioned above I am certain that at least 30% of the current population would have laid into the old guy and his bruised and bloodied face would have been another inch of screen on the Daily Mail news. Next month maybe 31%, same time next year maybe 36%... its not going to stop is it?

There is a new channel on Sky showing all the old Bond movies, you know things are bad when some of the old villains dastardly plots to wipe out the human race and start again.. actually start seeming to make some sense! :shocked: (not really of course :) )
  • Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    Already been done :D

Not sure that I would call them "sane," to be honest...!! :D
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • Dave_C_2
    Dave_C_2 Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    Options
    • You are Douglas Adams and I claim my £5
    • There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
    • This is just perfectly normal paranoia
    Choose any answer or answers to suit. :)

Dave, knowing where his towel is.
  • Hmm71
    Hmm71 Posts: 479 Forumite
    Options
    miduck wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one - I try to avoid newspapers, social media etc - this world has become a very bitter place.

It always was horrible as far as I'm concerned. I made a decision when I was about six years old that I wasn't going to watch or listen to the news any more as I found it far too upsetting. That was 35 years ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure