IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking ticket from highview parking.

hi,just received a charge notice for over staying in car park in shopping center by 31 minutes.
a £75 charge reduced to £50 if paid within 14 days.
photographs of my car driving in and out of the car park were also printed on the charge notice.
not sure if i should pay or ignore the notice.any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 October 2012 at 9:31PM
    You do not even have a real parking ticket, it's just a piece of rubbish.

Like all the other posters on this board, you have a fake PCN. As long as it's not a company/hire/lease car (which I assume it's not as they sent the fake PCN to you) then you can just ignore it and ignore the other letters that will arrive. The letters are easy to ignore and laugh at, when they arrive at the address of someone who knows it's all hogwash and not a real parking ticket at all.

The whole scam of fake PCNs relies firstly on people's ignorance of the fact that a random private company can't fine anyone, and secondly on their natural fear of parking tickets and the escalating costs/bailiff scenario. So PPCs copy the look of a real parking ticket and - hey presto! - the cash rolls in from victims who know no better.

There is no fine, no CCJ, no bailiff, no debt, no effect on credit rating, no Court, no repercussions at all.

Tick off the threatening letters here.

Watchdog clip with expert Solicitor's opinion, using a fake PCN with nice photos of a car (like your fake PCN!) here.

Barrister's opinion - read the answer at the bottom, it's very clear! - here.

Just to advise that your other option (in England and Wales for an incident since 1st Oct) if you are so minded, is to cost Highview £32+ by appealing the fake ticket. Then when rejected, appeal it further to the very new (untried but free and independent) POPLA appeals service. The decision is only binding on the PPC and costs them money either way - so us regulars would do that and then we'd go back to ignoring the PPC afterwards if POPLA didn't order the fake PCN to be cancelled! :p

If you prefer an easier life then I recommend you just play snap with the threatograms from debt collectors - simply choose to ignore and laugh at the scammer and their attempt to extort money. It's like deleting obvious phishing emails from your 'Bank'; it's a very similar con based on impersonation of authority.

If you'd prefer to appeal then do that but in the sure and certain knowledge you will NEVER pay it, and only to cost the PPC money.

HTH

P. S. I replied within a minute, must be a record! Welcome to MSE, if you read some other threads here you'll see the reply I gave you is a saved standard response I often use - as the answer is always the same for any fake PCN situation since 1st October.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Don't fib coupon you type that out every time lol anyway OP follow her advice it pretty much explains the scam for you and what to do
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Just got one of these sent to my company demand £75 - should i pay this? I had paid the full amount for 24 hour parking in Leeds - and displayed the ticket in the window.. I did ring them - no answer. Should i just ignore it?
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Ignore it. You owe the landowner their actual losses.

Which are zero. You owe Highview even less than that!

They haven't got a case. Ignore them.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 November 2012 at 6:46PM
    You do not even have a real parking ticket or FINE, it's just a piece of rubbish. Obviously don't pay it!!

Like all the other posters on this board, you have a fake PCN.

However, as it's a company car you will need to tell them it's your car, or your company/lease co could do write and name you, giving your address too. Either way, you need to hook the PPC in your direction and away from your company right now.

If it were me then I would seize the moment now and write to the PPC and say:

''This ticket was passed to me as it's the car I drive. I do not understand the allegation as I did pay and display, having paid for 24 hours parking, in accordance with signage on site. If you reject my appeal then I will require the POPLA verification code to refer the matter for independent appeal - at your cost.''

Then if POPLA (Google them) accept your appeal then the PPC have to back off. If not then you can safely ignore any more letters about it in the absence of real Court papers (which Highview never issue).

The letters are easy to ignore and laugh at, when they arrive at the address of someone who knows it's all hogwash and not a real parking ticket at all.

The whole scam of fake PCNs relies firstly on people's ignorance of the fact that a random private company can't fine anyone, and secondly on their natural fear of parking tickets and the escalating costs/bailiff scenario. So PPCs copy the look of a real parking ticket and - hey presto! - the cash rolls in from victims who know no better.

There is no fine, no CCJ, no bailiff, no debt, no effect on credit rating, no Court, no repercussions at all.

Tick off the threatening letters here.

Watchdog clip with expert Solicitor's opinion, using a fake PCN with nice photos of a car (like your fake PCN!) here.

Barrister's opinion - read the answer at the bottom, it's very clear! - here.

But you can only start ignoring once you have hooked the PPC scammer in your direction as driver. They cannot then follow the matter up with your company.

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    You owe them nothing, you paid and can prove it. I gather your company doesn't lease the vehicle ? Otherwise the demands will go there and then onto you, to which they will probably add on a fee that is not actually in the terms. What you could do is send them a letter on headed paper with a photocopy of the receipt to prove there is no charge payable, state that you consider the matter closed and any further communication will be charged at your standard rate of whatever that is (circa £100 a hour) to deal with each letter received. And you will invoice them for it , failure to pay and you will issue a claim in the small claims
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure