BA Cancel Flight; Thomson want to charge us for changing our room booking

Options
About 6 weeks ago, a group of friends and I booked a package holiday with Thomson to Las Vegas next year. Our flights were with BA. This morning, I received a call from Thomson to say that BA had cancelled our outbound flight from the UK and that our booking would now be put back one day; therefore, we would now depart a day later and arrive home a day later. Thomson informed me that the tour operator would honour any costs incurred due to the change of flight; however, there would be a £25 charge per person for us to change our hotel booking. I feel that this should be covered by Thomson. Our booking is with them for the specified dates and this issue has been brought about through no fault of our own. Also, two people who have had to book their annual leave time off of work are now in limbo as they are due back to work on the day we arrive back and their employer (they work for the same company) has told them that there is no flexibility due to other employees who will be off after them. Can anyone advise as to where we stand on this? First and foremost, I do not feel a £25 charge per person should be attributed to our party :mad:

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    have you checked on the BA site to confirm if the flights are still operating on your original days?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tippers wrote: »
    Can anyone advise as to where we stand on this?

What does the terms and conditions of your booking say? Are you sure this was a genuine package holiday and not simply flights and hotel booked seperately and then lumped together?
  • tippers_2
    Options
    On the back of the Thomson paper, it states:

"If the Supplier Cancels or Changes Your Booking: Your contract with your supplier may allow the supplier to cancel or change the booking. Where this occurs, we will ensure that you are promptly notified of the cancellation or significant changes as soon as the supplier makes us aware, but accept no liability for the changes or costs incurred which may result."

On the front, it details the supplier as 'Hayes & Jarvis' with a breakdown of the flight details and accommodation.

My issue is that I signed the 'contract' with Thomson. If they sub-contract it out to another supplier, that is surely their own prerogative? At the end of the documentation, it states "Thank you again for choosing to book with Thomson and we wish you a very enjoyable time."
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tippers wrote: »
    On the back of the Thomson paper, it states:

"If the Supplier Cancels or Changes Your Booking: Your contract with your supplier may allow the supplier to cancel or change the booking. Where this occurs, we will ensure that you are promptly notified of the cancellation or significant changes as soon as the supplier makes us aware, but accept no liability for the changes or costs incurred which may result."

On the front, it details the supplier as 'Hayes & Jarvis' with a breakdown of the flight details and accommodation.

My issue is that I signed the 'contract' with Thomson. If they sub-contract it out to another supplier, that is surely their own prerogative? At the end of the documentation, it states "Thank you again for choosing to book with Thomson and we wish you a very enjoyable time."

Do you have the option to cancel the whole thing and get your money back as they have changed the flights?

You could then DIY the lot-which is what you should have done in the first place TBHO. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure