Windows 8 Pro - £24.99

Options
13»

Comments

• lofielectronic
    Options
    Have a not that old PC that was never quite right following a virus attack despite now being clean.

May give this a punt to see if its gets things working again properlly on it. Thanks OP.
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    aye, ya gui's and ya ui's , and forget windows 8 it's a load of ........ typical microsoft using us as testers lol
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• k599rag
    k599rag Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Have a not that old PC that was never quite right following a virus attack despite now being clean.

May give this a punt to see if its gets things working again properlly on it. Thanks OP.

don't bother. go with this.

http://www.software4students.co.uk/products/microsoft-windows-7-professional-upgrade
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    k599rag wrote: »
    Warning!! I have tested an upgrade on another PC and it doesn't work!! Suprise, suprise!! If you are not computer literate do not waste your money as there are a lot of people who are computer professionals and they can't get an upgrade from Windows 7, Vista or XP to work. It seems the only way to install at the moment (unless u r lucky) is to start from scratch and delete everything on your PC. This isn't what I call an upgrade!!

Oh well, I should have known this would happen, why would MS want to make it easy for us.

:(
    If you are a "computer professional" and cannot perform a simple OS upgrade (this one requires almost zero input) then you should look into a career change.

Microsoft have made this very easy to perform and you definitely do not have to be some sort of genius to upgrade to Win 8.

I imagine the people giving it all the 'huuuur don't use Win 8' haven't actually spent any time with it. Once you understand the new way it wants to do things, it is very good, and at a bargain price.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have it for free, and it's not even worth that.
  • Cloudane
    Cloudane Posts: 527 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 November 2012 at 4:40PM
    Options
    Goodness me, I'm actually starting to warm to Windows 8.

I don't like their vision of removing the windows from Windows and going Metro full-time, at least not the way it is right now. But if you consider it as like a full screen start menu with little apps of its own (that you can use when you don't need to be using the full desktop experience) it's... actually pretty neat. They've not really taken anything away, they've just made the start menu a LOT bigger and made it like a mini tablet OS of its own, on top of what was already there.

That and Minesweeper Adventure Mode.

(I see a few posts were deleted, I guess "that" was considered a bit too dodgy after all)
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cloudane wrote: »
    .... They've not really taken anything away, they've just made the start menu a LOT bigger and made it like a mini tablet OS of its own, on top of what was already there....
    They've taken away the semi-transparent window borders.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure