Field Agent - IPhone app

in Boost Your Income
28 replies 28.9K views
13»

Replies

• Anybody can use the app, but if you are going to be earning "extra" income then you are liable for tax on that. So, given that is the case you should register with HMRC as being self employed and complete an annual tax return. You can be employed and in self employment as well. Look at the mystery shopping thread and it gives you all the info you need.
  • PlumLuckPlumLuck Forumite
    39 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    But if it's 'petty cash' does it matter? I'm not eligible to be paying tax or NI.
    Sorry, I don't know much about these things :o
  • MSE_SarahMSE_Sarah MSE Staff
    303 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
    MSE Staff
    Thanks for all your feedback so far. Please keep adding to this thread if you have any comments about using Field Agent.

MSE Sarah

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: [email protected]
  • tykesitykesi
    2.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Sarah wrote: »
    Thanks for all your feedback so far. Please keep adding to this thread if you have any comments about using Field Agent.

MSE Sarah

Field agent has recently changed hands (not sure exactly what happened) and has really dropped off now, I used to make a decent amount with them but the jobs are few and far between recently.

They still pay OK but speed of acceptance of jobs can be a bit hit and miss and I've had to chase up a couple of times since the change over. Hopefully the new people will get more jobs on the app but Task 360 (run by the old Field Agent crew) is now the place to be.
  • MetalLaLaMetalLaLa Forumite
    59 Posts
    I definitely agree since it changed hands it's not been the same, however just this weekend I completed two tasks that earned me £10 and they got approved instantly so as something that isn't to be guaranteed regular money, it's okay. They have however improved PayPal payouts (no longer needed to log in via a web browser) and having notifications enabled helps.
  • vegasvisitorvegasvisitor Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    These apps are both mystery shopping apps. I've got an android phone so can't use either, but you do need to be registered as self employed and do a self assessment tax return if you're going to use these.
  • TomboTombo Forumite
    999 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    These apps are both mystery shopping apps. I've got an android phone so can't use either, but you do need to be registered as self employed and do a self assessment tax return if you're going to use these.

Do you know if it can be done as permitted work if some one gets ESA?

I am also about to move house tomorrow so I will be switching over to universal credit.

I have been going through issues but my health is a lot better now so I feel able to start doing things again.
    2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
    2009 Wins: Years Supply of Orbit Complete (144 packets), £50 of Odeon vouchers
    2018 Wins: Rockstar Energy Drink Headphones
    :jDebt-Free Wannabe!! :j
  • savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tombo wrote: »
    Do you know if it can be done as permitted work if some one gets ESA?

I am also about to move house tomorrow so I will be switching over to universal credit.

I have been going through issues but my health is a lot better now so I feel able to start doing things again.
    Tombo, I wonder if your question might be better answered on the benefits board? More experience over there possibly?
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides