New Combi Boiler with 15mm gas supply

25 replies 20.4K views
13»

Replies

• C_MababejiveC_Mababejive Forumite
    11.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should contact the gas supplier and have a 63mm PE service run to the boiler position and the last 2m of copper pipe to the boiler run in 35mm just to be on the safe side.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • southcoastrgisouthcoastrgi Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should contact the gas supplier and have a 63mm PE service run to the boiler position and the last 2m of copper pipe to the boiler run in 35mm just to be on the safe side.

your first post was quite good up to a point then you post something like this, why ?
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • C_MababejiveC_Mababejive Forumite
    11.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well ok perhaps a little flippant although of course it would work. But i would make the point that due to the widespread installation of combis,many of which have been mis-sold,there are now many areas where there is inadequate gas infrastructure to power them all and no one is fronting up the money to install newer bigger PE mains.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • southcoastrgisouthcoastrgi Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭

Well ok perhaps a little flippant although of course it would work. But i would make the point that due to the widespread installation of combis,many of which have been mis-sold,there are now many areas where there is inadequate gas infrastructure to power them all and no one is fronting up the money to install newer bigger PE mains.

this is true & in fact it's gets worse than that, down here they are replacing all the old mains & suppling every house with 20mm pe as they are using the old supply pipes as a sleeve, now this is where it gets worrying as i found out, they are saying although not officially as yet that this is only suitable to feed a boiler upto 30 kw so anything above that will req a new larger supply pipe, so where now i ask you does this leave us ?
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • Worcester will not honour your warranty for 5 minutes let alone 5 years unless their instructions are followed to the letter.

Manufacturers instructions clearly state 22mm gas supply pipe size.

Manufacturers instructions = bible.

Your fitter needs to change the supply pipe. i would personally have someone check the rest of his work and his commissioning process and results too. Gas Safe will be happy to help you with this.

Andy
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support