Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

November 2012 Grocery Challenge - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 22 October 2012 at 1:33PM in Old Style MoneySaving
907 replies 76.5K views

Replies

• I would like to be put down for £50 please :eek:

Have got 2 freezers full and a massive sack of spuds. My aim by saving money this month is to eat out of the freezer. Money is tight for another month :(

Still got a few days left of Oct GC.

Annual GC 2017 £1634.61/£2200
  • rupe34rupe34 Forumite
    1K posts
    Hey :)

Please put me down for £300 again please. Need to do better than October...
    Onward and upward - with the odd step to the side

November GC £255/£300
  • meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    elsiepac wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Long time no see... but I'm back with my tail well and truly between my legs :(

I've managed to get myself into debt again and am entering a DMP (again) - I'm absolutely gutted and can't believe how stupid i've been.

I have a new job for nearly 3 months now and loving it, although it's hard work and long hours and less pay (it's a career move and it WILL pay off...watch this space!) so I'm really going to need to be careful :cool:

I've discovered that planning elaborate meals just doesn't work out for me, due to time spent and the fact I'm in a shared house, but batch cooking is ok as long as the prep doesn't take too long so I can do it on a weekend and I don't mind making new stuff on a weeknight as long as it's quick.

I've quickly discovered that it will massively help me if I have a few of "my own" ready meals in the freezer, but the place I'm really falling down is lunchtime - just completely uninspired.

To cap it all off, I SERIOUSLY need to lose weight.

So...

Am sheepishly declaring £80 for November.

This is my food and household budget (i.e. includes any cleaning stuff and things like soap and loo roll, but not make-up or "luxury" toiletries).

I get paid around the end of the month - can vary HUGELY, so basically until I get paid I'm living off what's in. Hence starting November now.

Right! *deep breath*

Off to figure out a meal plan...

LC :o

Hi Welcome back, sorry about the debt, but I recall your posts and you did so well then, you know you can do it again, best wishes Meg
    Slimming World at target
  • vanoonoovanoonoo Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    changed my mind sorry - gonna go for a five week month this month from 26oct-30nov inclusive so £250 for me please sorrreeeeeeeeee x
    Blah
  • Actually as the above poster brought to my attention it's a five week month please increase mine to £250 allowing £50 a week.
    Given I only spent £39 I have loads in and I also plan to eat out the freezer.
    I have no excuse to not pass this task for nov, I just need to stay focused.
    We have everything we could possibly need including some uht whole milk to stop us spending in the local small sainsburys.
    Ds2 born 3/4/12 8lbs 8.5:j
    Ds1 born 28/4/07 9lb 8 :j
    Frugal, thrifty, tight mum & wife and proud of it lol
    :rotfl::j
    Make money for Xmas challenge 2014 £0/£270
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Trying again with a £100 budget for November with my new system of drawing out the budget in one go and splitting it over 4 weeks. Let's see if this helps me stay on track a bit more than last month!
    November budget £100
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • malamaymalamay Forumite
    793 posts
    I haven't finished with October yet, but am dreading adding up the few final spends. We've gone over; in the last couple of weeks we've been stocking up on good offers, etc. And we're going out for dinner tonight..

I'll increase to £200 for November please. It's a lot for 2 people + cat, but I buy and bake more in the run up to Christmas.
    Swagbucks Amazon gift vouchers 2014 125/250
    GC October 100.8/150 September 99.36/180 August 178.77/180 June 163.18/180 May 177.89/180 April 160.66/180 March 163.48/180 Feb 154.21/150 Jan 51.65/150
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi...i plan to have a more relaxed meal plan for next week as it is half term...might get a few frozen bits (fishfingers/pizza) then i wont have to defrost and if we get a better offer they can just bide their time in the icy depths

need to get some nice sausages for hotdogs over halloween but i think we have everything else we need...i am planning a costco trip nect week so need to have a think about what we need....make a list i think

good luck to all take care tess
    onwards and upwards
  • WantToBeSEWantToBeSE Forumite
    7.7K posts
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argh, my 1st weekly shop of my November budgt, and i went over!
    £70.20..OUCH!
    But it's half term next week, and my grocery bill always gord through the roof when the kids are home!
  • mollythewestiemollythewestie Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Can I join for November please? My husband gets paid tomorrow, but he is leaving his current job and starting a new job in few weeks.
    As we will be without any pay for at least fortnight we need to cut back our budget.

We normally spend around £400-£450 a month :eek:, please put us down for £330 for november.

We have plenty of cupboard ingrediants and a well stocked freezer, so should be ok.
    Above budget to include all food, toiletries & cleaning stuff etc. for 3 people and 1 dog.
    Value of prizes 2010 - 2017: £8374 // 2019: £124
    Debt free thanks to MSE Weight loss 2019: 6lbs