PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• tatabubbly
    Options
    Just updated my siggy... Spend day today as I got paid today.. €36.32 in lidlllssss and 90c in school for a yoghurt and banana...

Trying to eat health so it does cost a little more... I'll prob have to add a few bits and pieces at the end of next week though..
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • afeitar
    afeitar Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    £6.32 spend in Mr T, had to buy a birthday card, porridge oats, milk, soya milk, onions, bread and green tea so not too bad. Was very nearly tempted by all the Christmas goodies but any money leftover from this challenge is for that! Total is £40.40 so far. Still got cupboards and freezer full of food so can probably go one more week without another shop now. Wonder if I can make it below £100!
    November Grocery Challenge = £83.47/£150
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Make-it-3 - Just in case I forget next week, Happy Diwali :T
    I've done the shopping but need to sort out what's food and what's not, so I'll update when I've got it done :o
    Nabbed a turkey breast roast for the freezer for £4 from M&S, and a few other YS to put away.
    Hope everyone's not getting too stressed out at the thought of Christmas dinner. It's just a Sunday dinner with a few extra bits!
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    Had to do my big weekly shop a day early this week, since we've eaten ourselves out of home and home (and bread, and cheese, and milk) early. We've been really good about not buying lunch and snacks out and about all month, so we're going through home supplies at a rate of knots.

Spent $195.53 when I add up supermarket, butcher and grocer. There was a few extra spends at the supermarket which aren't strictly groceries, like some hair products for DD who has a dance concert next week, and some batteries, but I'll keep it in the total price since I usually include cleaning products etc anyway. And I should be able to get away with a cheaper shop next week, since I bought some bulk things. I know that looks very high to you lot, but trust me, that's not a bad price for a weekly shop over here; cheap meat (mince, sausages and a whole chicken I can get a few meals out of), in-season fruit and veg and nothing pre-processed except for workday lunches. Feeling good.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • GreenFairy
    Options
    My ecover order finally hit my plastic to the tune of €55. Ouch. No more cleaning products to buy til Spring though, so it works out at about €7 a month.
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    £1.18 spend on chocolate today for Mumsy :)

will update sig in a bit
  • elly2
    elly2 Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yesterday was a NSD so thats good. am off to sort out my CRB check for my new job today :j am currently working with a company as a support worker on a 0 hr contract and getting 16 hrs a week can be difficult sometimes (sad cos i love my job but need to be able to pay the bills), The new job is 24 hrs (2 nightshifts) and in one place and from what i have seen looks to be a nice friendly place :D its a slightly lower wage but more hours/set hrs which i'm thankful for. Next week my CTC drops by £70 a week so things are going to be tight for a while, thankfully i am more or less done for xmas and have £36 in pinecone vouchers and my copper jar for the xmas food shop. hoping for another NSD but not promising :rotfl::rotfl:. At work on sat 7-3 then have a night out planned with the girlies (friends joint birthdays and celebrate new job thingy) it will be my first night out for about 6 weeks so am looking forward to it.
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hooray!!! Been trying to reserve toys at Argos as they are doing 3for2 on toys this weekend - only took me 2 hours but saved £30
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, I've managed to stay away from the shops, but I did want to pop by and say, my kiddies raided the Christmas box today as we are out of crisps. They found a tub of stackers (aldi Pringles) and I've tried them and honestly they are as good as the real thing! And so much cheaper!

I love aldi!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello. More extra spends

£1.54 in the corner shop
    £15.16 in Mr S
    £11.29 in Mr S
    £2.69 in Mr S
    £1.59 in Mr S

= £32.27 in total!

Spends seem to be jumping up this month because a all of my toiletries seem to be running out all at the same time! :(

Love reading all of your meal plans (but makes me hungry reading them! :-)) Meals this week have been:

Monday - KFC :o
    Tuesday - Roast beef with roasted parsnips, carrots and broccoli with gravy (housemate cooked)
    Wednesday - Prawn, celery, and cashew nut stir fry with rice wine/garlic/ginger/soy/sesame oil/chilli + rice
    Thursday (y'day) - Chicken, carrot and parsnip tagine with couscous (found this to be a very average recipe)
    Friday (today), Burgers with wraps, hummus and salad
    Saturday - housemate cooks something
    Sunday - housemate cooks Chicken Jambalaya
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income