We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Pup Malware

2»

Comments

  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 12,009 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    And that's the rub - is it more important to get a few pence off stuff, or keep your pc running sweetly so you're not tempted to go buy a new one for hundreds.....I know what I'd do.....

    ..he says typing this on a 6-y-o Sempron desktop ;):D
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

    I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • As already mentioned, don't assume that a PUP is always something nasty.
    If I run a full Malwarebytes scan and ask it to look for PUPS, it will pick up my installation of Cyberscrub Keychain (A password storage program).
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.