Smartfonestore- Be careful if buying from them!

Options
2»

Comments

• Dr_Z
    Dr_Z Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just for balance (and I realise I risk looking affiliated by saying this, not being an active poster and all that :) ) I think to be fair, this is not really Smartfonestore's fault - at the end of the day they have done all they can to rectify the situation. If they were selling barred phones that would be different, but if someone sells them a phone then reports it stolen,.... or stops paying their bill there really is very little they can do about it. Refunding you is pretty much all they can do.
    There is certainly a risk to the buyer, but this risk is applicable to buying a second hand phone from ANYONE.
  • bingo123_2
    Options
    Please delete thread
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    bingo123 wrote: »
    Please delete thread
    Why would you want to delete a thread from 2 years ago ?
    It's not just about the money
  • bingo123_2
    Options
    Because when you search for "smartfonestore" on google this thread is nearly at the top of the results list. This is very harsh on Smartfonestore, considering I have bought from them many times since this incident.
  • ConsumerGuy0016
    ConsumerGuy0016 Posts: 235 Forumite
    edited 18 December 2014 at 11:03PM
    Options
    Because when you search for "smartfonestore" on google this thread is nearly at the top of the results list. This is very harsh on Smartfonestore, considering I have bought from them many times since this incident.

You had a legitimate problem with Smartfonestore at some point in time, you felt their customer service was not adequate in resolving your issue, so you went to the lengths of opening a thread on a forum that assists consumers in predicaments such as the one you found yourself in.

Fortunately, you had your issue resolved, but that's not a reason to delete the thread. Hopefully Smartfonestore are much more wary about how they go about dealing with their customers' issues.

You delete a thread like this, and you reduce accountability.

EDIT: I am very very curious to know if you've been contacted by Smartfonestore about this?
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well congratulations you've probably brought it closer to the top by reviving the thread :rotfl:
    As Consumerguy says you probably had good reason to post at the time and also there was another poster having the same issues so would be unfair to delete the thread at this stage
    It's not just about the money
  • roms
    roms Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a phone from smartfonestore a couple of years ago and a tablet recently. Both going strong.

Bingo123 probably worth starting a tread discussing your positive experiences which might get as high as this thread.

I'm not affiliated in anyway with smartfonestore but have had good experiences so far.
  • bingo123_2
    Options
    You had a legitimate problem with Smartfonestore at some point in time, you felt their customer service was not adequate in resolving your issue, so you went to the lengths of opening a thread on a forum that assists consumers in predicaments such as the one you found yourself in.

Fortunately, you had your issue resolved, but that's not a reason to delete the thread. Hopefully Smartfonestore are much more wary about how they go about dealing with their customers' issues.

You delete a thread like this, and you reduce accountability.

EDIT: I am very very curious to know if you've been contacted by Smartfonestore about this?
    Hi

No, i have not been contacted by Smartfonestore. It is scary to think how powerful Social Media is and how much influence they have.

I can't believe this thread is second in the Google search, next only to the Smartfonestore website, when you do a search for the company!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure