Making chicken feed of my mortgage

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,721 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Looking forward to reading about your goals...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    I’m definitely going to have to send a food parcel :rotfl:

Lovely weekend and great to see you both xxxxxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Looking forward to reading about your goals...

Well I've started by cancelling my gym membership!!!

However, my membership doesn't end until 10 December and a new fitness & wellbeing centre is opening close to work in January. So...

1. Go to the gym a minimum of 20 times before 10 December.
    2. Follow the WW plan properly in November and at least 5x/week in December.
    3. Reduce caffeine intake - maximum 1 coffee/day.
    4. Drink 1.5 L water/day (including weekends).
    5. No late nights in November.
    6. No watching rubbish made-for-TV Christmas movies when I'm home alone midweek (I have identified this as a trigger for binge eating :o). Go for a walk instead!
    7. Make a real effort to get to work early or on-time every day (my current punctuality is appalling :o)
    8. Meal plan from larder/freezer/garden in November. Only buy milk, yogurt, bread, fruit & vegetables.
    9. No unnecessary spending!
    10. :think:
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello MWC, thats a good list of goals - the caffeine is so important isn't it, I found out my brother has limited himself to 3 cups of tea a day (he has two teabags in an espresso-style cup!!!) and none after 6pm, and its made a huge difference to his sleep. Not surprisingly, but he's still chuffed.

Good luck with the gym.

PS - and how lovely to have such a great weekend away!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Ay up mwc - I did the limiting myself to one cup of coffee per day during my challenge, and I have to say, I felt better for it. Unsurprisingly, it has crept back up to 2, sometimes 3 a day now, and it's not making me feel any better. So I've taken inspiration from you and I'm going to make a concious effort to return to 1 a day. I'll just finish this second cup, first.....

You are good with gym work. I can't stand it, so have to rely on walking for my 'work out'. Don't know if I'm not walking fast enough, or what, but it's not good for shedding weight for me at the moment. But it does get me out in the fresh air/sunshine, so it's a great 'feel good' activity. Are you still counting steps daily?

I'm not surprised 'made 4 TV seasonal movies' make you munch - they have no story line, often have no visible acting going on, and if the budget was any less, the sets would wobble too!! :rotfl:Having said that, we did find one on the recorder from last year, and watched it the other night. The story line was predictable - career high flyer city gal, returning to her one-horse town roots to tidy up the affairs of her deceased aunt, and despite herself, ends up falling for her first beau, so jacks in the career and moves back to the small town and lives happily ever after...... to the accompaniment on incessant sleigh-bells! :rotfl: Have you seen that one?

Will be cheering you on from the side-lines as you reach your goals :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £6.44/215
    Non-food household spend May £0/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Hello MWC, thats a good list of goals - the caffeine is so important isn't it, I found out my brother has limited himself to 3 cups of tea a day (he has two teabags in an espresso-style cup!!!) and none after 6pm, and its made a huge difference to his sleep. Not surprisingly, but he's still chuffed.
    Ay up mwc - I did the limiting myself to one cup of coffee per day during my challenge, and I have to say, I felt better for it. Unsurprisingly, it has crept back up to 2, sometimes 3 a day now, and it's not making me feel any better. So I've taken inspiration from you and I'm going to make a concious effort to return to 1 a day. I'll just finish this second cup, first.....

My coffee consumption has crept up from 1-2 cups to 3-4 cups during the day. It certainly doesn't perk me up so I'd be better off replacing it with something else. We have a selection of Twinings tea bags at work (FOC) including decaff/fruit/herbal do it shouldn't be too difficult!
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    You are good with gym work. I can't stand it, so have to rely on walking for my 'work out'. Don't know if I'm not walking fast enough, or what, but it's not good for shedding weight for me at the moment. But it does get me out in the fresh air/sunshine, so it's a great 'feel good' activity. Are you still counting steps daily?
    I detest the gym and it's certainly not something I would do for fun... but I do lose weight if I go and use the cross trainer/rowing machine/resistance machines for 30 minutes 3-4x week. The walking works more as a food avoidance tactic :rotfl: I've not been counting steps since my fitbit died but I am thinking about asking Father Christmas for a new one :)
    I'm not surprised 'made 4 TV seasonal movies' make you munch - they have no story line, often have no visible acting going on, and if the budget was any less, the sets would wobble too!! :rotfl:Having said that, we did find one on the recorder from last year, and watched it the other night. The story line was predictable - career high flyer city gal, returning to her one-horse town roots to tidy up the affairs of her deceased aunt, and despite herself, ends up falling for her first beau, so jacks in the career and moves back to the small town and lives happily ever after...... to the accompaniment on incessant sleigh-bells! :rotfl: Have you seen that one?
    Sounds familiar but then they are all a bit same-y!!!
    Will be cheering you on from the side-lines as you reach your goals :D
    Thank you :)
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My retirement savings pot (S&S ISA/GIA/2 x pensions/shares excl. my share of the house) is currently worth ~£250,000 :)

Wow - that's fantastic! :T
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Wow - that's fantastic! :T

Thanks ed - good to *see* you :)
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks MWC, trying to de-lurk, but can't face the fact that I have to confess a car purchase since last I posted :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback