Genworth Financial / Santander

Options
After a 8 month challenge, finally received some good news from Genworth Financial after PPI rejection letters from Santander.
Offer letter. - Full refund for my wifes Mothercare Account £205.72, my only concern with this offer is that appears very low, in fact Santander had previously advised in writing that PPI Premiums paid totalled £757.76, to which a copy was supplied to Genworth, therefore confused why such a variance, additionally i have also received an offer on my wifes Dorothy Perkins Account £2031.17, however once again am unsure if this is a fair and full refund, as i have no record of total value of payments made. Both letters state redress to include a full refund of premiums paid on since start and end date of the policy plus 8% Interest. As the wife had a few accounts in query with Santander is it best to do a SAR with them or go back to Genworth and query the redress calculation.
How do gain peace of mind and ensure i get a full refund for these accounts as at the point of sale my wife was an unemployed housewife.??

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Well done to you and your wife.:beer:
    May I ask if they added any interest to your wife's refund? and what year did your wife take it out and settle the account?

Cheers.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Mac66
    Mac66 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Di, they have presented a settlement offer letter, to include:
    Premiums paid on policy £146.43
    Simple Interest ( Net ) £59.29
    Less claims paid on policy £0.00
    Total redress due £205.72

Account opened, 23.11.99
    PPI Apparently sold on the 11.4.2000
    Account closed 20.1.12

Genworth have stated the settlement comprises of the premium paid on my policy plus 8% simple interest per annum ( from the start of the policy up to todays date)
    The confusing thing is that Santander had stated in the final their rejection letter that the premiums paid totalled £757.76.
    I have written back and to Genworth requesting confirmation as to why they have a variance to the figure as previously quoted by Santander, i have also advised them that i have written to Santander and requested a SAR to include specific details on the value of premiums paid on PPI - Not sure is this will help as can never understand all the docs sent back following this request.
  • Mac66
    Options
    In regards to the SAR request and obtaining information to confirm PPI payments, should i be able to review and calculate any redress due from this info received back, as all previous SAR request and info return are all somewhat useless to the fianacial novice.
    Really appreciate your help and feedback - Cheers Di
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi

Hope your well.

And it's good to know that Underwriters are upholding on complaints now, I know of someone else over the last week as well in regards of another underwriter.

I would definately question on the difference of the amounts, and if you have anything in writing about the higher figure do send them a copy. They may have made a mistake, so it will be best to check just in case.

The SAR should include details of the PPI, amounts paid to date etc, but it could be a time thing as well, where time lapsed they have less details.
    But as said above, you were informed of the higher figure, they need to be aware of that, I would certainly bring it to their attention, and ask them to also provide a more detailed breakdown, as you are entitled to this on request.;)
  • di3004
    Options
    You could write back to Santander and ask them to send the info again on the amount they stated.
    They must hold the details somewhere to have clarified this to you x
  • Mac66
    Options
    Thanks Di, I have sent letter request to Santander to clarify ammounts paid, confused that Genworth had copy of Santander Final responce rejection letter.Lets hope for a good responce, as this is a disgrace as wife not even working when policy sold. Will let you know how i get on, however expect to take some time to resolve.
    Thanks
  • di3004
    Options
    Mac66 wrote: »
    Thanks Di, I have sent letter request to Santander to clarify ammounts paid, confused that Genworth had copy of Santander Final responce rejection letter.Lets hope for a good responce, as this is a disgrace as wife not even working when policy sold. Will let you know how i get on, however expect to take some time to resolve.
    Thanks

Hiya

You are very welcome.
    Worth bringing it up to them, just in case they mis-calculated, as this can happen, and as you do have the proof of the figure, then surely they should pay that amount, plus the relevant interest.

Fingers crossed they will resolve this for you.
    They do have an email address as well to what I know of, whether or not though they will be able to deal with these matters this way though, I'm not sure.

Will keep an eye on your thread. x:)
  • snowdrop1230
    Options
    Mac66 wrote: »
    After a 8 month challenge, finally received some good news from Genworth Financial after PPI rejection letters from Santander.
    Offer letter. - Full refund for my wifes Mothercare Account £205.72, my only concern with this offer is that appears very low, in fact Santander had previously advised in writing that PPI Premiums paid totalled £757.76, to which a copy was supplied to Genworth, therefore confused why such a variance, additionally i have also received an offer on my wifes Dorothy Perkins Account £2031.17, however once again am unsure if this is a fair and full refund, as i have no record of total value of payments made. Both letters state redress to include a full refund of premiums paid on since start and end date of the policy plus 8% Interest. As the wife had a few accounts in query with Santander is it best to do a SAR with them or go back to Genworth and query the redress calculation.
    How do gain peace of mind and ensure i get a full refund for these accounts as at the point of sale my wife was an unemployed housewife.??

Hi, I am currently trying to get an address for Genworth. Been advised by Fos I need to contact them regarding my Dorothy Perkins card
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi, I am currently trying to get an address for Genworth. Been advised by Fos I need to contact them regarding my Dorothy Perkins card

Hi there

Genworth Insurance Address......

Financial Insurance Company Limited
    Building 11
    Chiswick Park
    Chiswick High Road
    London
    W4 5XR

I am currently dealing with them too, good luck.
  • Mac66
    Options
    Hi Di - Not sure if you or anyone can offer any help / advise - Received SAR paperwork, as i thought it does not detail or help in anyway to confirm PPI total payments, if requested should a company supply documentation to confirm PPI payments made during policy term.?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure