Options

Comments

• redbull08
    redbull08 Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All
    hope your all ok xx

I have not been able to find this Inn foe a bit..its moved.
    can anyone please tell me what day in UK
    is grandparents day?

I thought it was by in Sept but my local restaurant is saying its today?
    Just curious
    thanks
    M x
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 October 2012 at 10:33AM
    Options
    Hi Red,

Think its today as there have been quite a few comps mentioning it.
    I am fine thanks. Hope you are too? x

Just had a look at the Times Porche Comp and entered. It says it is nearly new? Wonder what our Saga Insurance would say if we phoned up to insure that! Someone has checked it out and said it was ok as he was old lol. Don't think it would do 600 miles on a tank of fuel like our Mitsubishi though.
    O'h well we can dream can't we - love white cars . Would keep it for a few weeks to swank about in and then sell it.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • redbull08
    redbull08 Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi
    thanks Sheils
    never seem any comps
    wish i could say im ok & winning but im neither
    glad you are ok :)

Red xcx
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxF1MlCBIVDy_0GZ09uNUy_iP1xp8QdSXiWyRdOPfli5ahQocVqQ

Glad you got to work OK Becks and hope you feel better soon.

Love your pics today FireFly and especially to dancing dog/banana you really do find some good ones. Are you going to the goose fair today? If so have a super time.

It will be nice for you to go and see your daughter and grandson tomorrow Hammsterfan. If you are going to bake why not make some gingerbread people to take for your grandson? They are always a hit with kids. Anyway do have a lovely time

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNrFSCnYhl_rL8eq1WC_DoxbkX3GVIrLztgn-hpT6iARjjBxYo

Wingo/B.Sue - dogs are so funny aren't they. One of my dogs thinks the bed is for storing her toys/food and then when the other tries to get in she gets cross.

Redbull - very strange about Granparents day, I thought Sheils was right in saying it was today for the same reason as Sheils but just looked at Wikipedia and think its US thats September 9th. No doubt someone will come along with the right answer soon though.

Glad your DH has sorted his hours out OK.

Sheils - love the giraffes. One of my favourites, I think they are so graceful.

Catch you all later, gardening calls, AGAIN!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY90sUDhNE5Bpyil4biGz-InO8RlL3CUDVy_SA0-P6mwg4zAIpPA
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • Tulip
    Tulip Posts: 29,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :hello: Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a lovely day! I am fine today,I am off to my parents for lunch soon :) been playing online games and having a lot of fun with those.

Have a lovely afternoon!

love and light,

Katie xxx
  • zombieslayer25
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Lovely and sunny here again so have the first load on the line. The second is nearly finished.

Been for a 7 and half mile run this morning, which was lovely. It was a nice clear morning so made it much easier.

Dont have a lot of time for comping today so might just have to do my dailies today.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
    Current Aims: Laptop/PC, decent money, holiday
    Best Wins: Ipad, Nintendo 3DS, £400 Shopping Spree at LK Bennett, £100 Boots vouchers
    Total Wins (Since April 2012) £3442.56
    Big thanks to all who post comps :T:beer:
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya Red :wave: I thought it was in June for some reason..grandparents day! Good luck with comps hun x

Sheils & fire**fly, it was also frosty here too this morning so put a load of whites out! The sun is out now and it's warm. :)

Mmm...I love home baking hamsterfan ;) I just don't do it enough!

Glad you got your bus Becks :) I love to see cobwebs covered in frost and dew Becks, I bet it was lovely.

Enjoy your day Katie & Zombie ;)

You've been very busy in the garden Sylvia! Would you like to do mine? :D

Sue, great news about your DH's hours. :T cooper sounds like a funny mischievous dog! :D I try to avoid jasper in the living room now as he's moulting a lot and we have carpet in living room but laminate in other rooms. H still sneaks in and makes himself at home though!

Had another right argument with neighbour this morning. :o I was putting washing out before gym (10.15) and jasper came running out with me then he heard a baby crying and thought it was over the fence so started barking. I was saying to jasper that it was ok and to be quiet when neighbour pops her head out of bedroom window and shouts....its not f-ing on this your f-ing dog barking for a Sunday morning! :eek: I told her to shut up and said its not just my dog barking and I don't complain about her swearing and arguing all the time!
    So anyway...I'm not gonna let her get to me and this is to her ;)....

245868460876838377_xLmmmJ7B.jpg
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I'm going to do a bit of comping now. I have had a walk,done 2 loads of washing and hung it out, made a steak pie and helped in the garden! Will have to do some ironing soon - sigh.
    Glad you are standing your ground wingo. I had a really bad arguement with an old guy who kept chopping my hedge and tree a few years ago. He must have got someone to go into our garden and chop the tree right to its trunk. He said it wasn't him! We have a big garden and only a little bit overlaps at the corner with him and it caused the only bother I have had with neighbours. Just found out a little while ago he told DD and her friend they were being to noisey once. Just as well I didn't know. Miserable old so and so is dead now anyway.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRyKeAhGVf0FVh9lu-OsGxwpJWmkEkrsq0P41EslY8GCxpIGXMlg

7.5 miles Zombie you put me to shame, good on yer.

Wingo, sorry your neighbours are giving you hell again,ours complained about tv being too loud. His wife makes him watch tv with earphones in so she can read her book so no wonder they heard our tv. We had to go to mediation with them and I told them they didnt live a normal life and that I would report them to RSPSA as they whip there dogs to keep them quiet. Anyway they have left now thank God, it is up for let so will see what new neighbours are like.

That steak pie sounds good Sheils.

Did you go the the fair FF

Becks, can we see pic of spiders web when you get time.

Back in from gardening now and took dogs for a walk, getting tea on now.

Catch you all later.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a cheeky mare your neighbour Sheils...coming in your garden to chop your tree down! :eek: I would have gone mad too!

That's not nice Sylvia, your ex neighbour whipping his dog. :( poor dog. I bet he wouldn't like it done to him!

My neighbour also decided to shot up a large conservatory without planning permission when they found out we had plans for an extension. When they have the window open to let their cats out...the window extends into our garden so if we had our extension up as planned it would be hitting it. I said to hubby it must be illegal but he thinks somehow they escaped having to pull it back down. They are really dodgy....didn't even pay for all of the conservatory as they said the workmen ruined their carpets and flooring.
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure