🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Compers Inn Part 39

Options

Comments

• wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What Christmas film is it Wuss? ...er, I mean Sue? :D
    I love a weepie Xmas film. Bought a load last yr, I like the angel one where the mam thinks there's no such thing as Santa.

Hope the day goes quick for you Becks ;)

I think my window lights will stay up now! Thank goodness for Sellotape! :D I was just telling DD how I used to wear a bit of selotape over my boobs to stop me pointing when I went out in winter! She was not impressed! :whistle:
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    It was called 'A Christmas Snow' wingo, it was a lovely story.

We always watch 'Love Actually' at Christmas, love that film, and always always watch 'A Muppet Christmas Carol' at some point.

I've heard of some uses for sellotape, but not THAT! :D
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope the decorations stay up wingo, thats a novel way of keeping them up, dont peeps use drawing pins these days.

Sue, my DH is the one that cries at anything that's remotely emotional.

Becks, hope you head ache eases soon and your shift goes quickly.

Must get on and get some more comps done as have been out all morning.

SYL
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • bishopsgirl
    bishopsgirl Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well, I was sure I came in here this morning and said HELLO to everyone but reading back I can not find the post so a belated good morning and a good afternoon. ( Have the advents finally driven me over the edge?)

Hope your head is better Becks.

My Pringles speakers arrived today and I am pleased with them.

Had a WEM for a Pumpizing game from This is Competitions so pleased with that.

Remembered to do 2 Stella today so far :T

Have a lovely evening.
    Be Lucky Everyone
  • Tulip
    Tulip Posts: 29,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :hello: Everyone,

I have had a good day,went to Coffee Group,went early so I could write some xmas cards for my friends and I had a latte and then we went for a nice walk :) Seeing my Community Nurse in a bit and then tonight I am out for a xmas party,havent time to do the advents today never mind :)

Have a nice evening!

love and light,

Katie xxx
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    LOL at the sellotape Wingo!!!! :rotfl::rotfl: I would be looking more to heavy duty masking tape plus a discrete body hoist :D It's an age thing, things kind of aren't where they are meant to be anymore :D :rotfl:

Oh! Yep, crying at films.:o Im the worst!!! All the soppy xmas films, Jack Frost etc, bambi, Nanny McFee, anything really. I even sob when the John Lewis advert is on with the wee snowman and his snow woman and his little expressions!. I'm a lost cause - that's for sure!!! I think it all stems from the Lassie films many years ago in black and white (can anyone remember them?) - oh and the Incredible Journey, with the three furries - needed a box of tissues for that one!!!! My lovely daughter has given me the War Horse book and dvd.

Its such a gutty story (they saw the production also at the West End, said it was absolutely wonderful). But, I can't bring myself to watch it yet, Im going to have to build up to it - and have mega box of kleenex by my side!!!!! xxxxxxxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    I can't watch anything where there is a danger of animals getting hurt. I can remember one film where there were about a dozen people in a lifeboat and there wasn't room/food enough for all of them to survive so they drew straws over who would drop out of the boat..........not a problem for me. When each of the losers dropped over the side I was fine.....then one of the occupant's dog jumped in after him !!! OMG did I blubber :o
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi. A couple of moths ago I set my Sister up doing the comps, she only does the daily ones. Anyway she has a WEM to say she had won tickets to Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, including lunch and tea at Wickstead Park. Unfortunately it is for next week which is when she is having a hip replacement and I have mentioned before. She sent them an email telling them to let someone else have the tickets and they have replied saying they will extend it to next years show. This is her first win so she is over the moon.

Bishopgirl - well done on your win.

Glad you have had a good day Katie.

Wingo - hope your decks are still hanging up.

Alfie - glad you are so cheeful, love hearing your takes.

SYL
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • AlfieBlue
    Options
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    I can't watch anything where there is a danger of animals getting hurt. I can remember one film where there were about a dozen people in a lifeboat and there wasn't room/food enough for all of them to survive so they drew straws over who would drop out of the boat..........not a problem for me. When each of the losers dropped over the side I was fine.....then one of the occupant's dog jumped in after him !!! OMG did I blubber :o

Me too :o I can't watch all the wonderful nature films because I get so upset with the survival thing. I know its nature, and I know all the critters have to kill, to eat and survive. But oh my goodness, just can't watch any of them. Especially when you see young uns' trying to survive with predators about. :eek: I want to go and save them all :o.

Is it just two weeks today for xmas??? Two weeks today we will all be happily stuffed with dinner, xmas pudding and prob at this time of night, be tucking into turkey and stuffing sarnies. :D:D xxxxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • AlfieBlue
    Options
    Hi. A couple of moths ago I set my Sister up doing the comps, she only does the daily ones. Anyway she has a WEM to say she had won tickets to Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, including lunch and tea at Wickstead Park. Unfortunately it is for next week which is when she is having a hip replacement and I have mentioned before. She sent them an email telling them to let someone else have the tickets and they have replied saying they will extend it to next years show. This is her first win so she is over the moon.

Oh, wonderful news re your sisters win. God bless her, and how lovely that the prize is being extended to next year. :T:T Many congrats on her win, will be a lovely event to look forward too :D

I do wish your sis all the best, she will be fine. :) Send her my very best wishes and hugs for a speedy recovery. I have a friend just down the road from me who had a hip replacemnt just 4-5 months back. She said it was the best thing she had ever had done. She now walks around quite freely with no pain and has a new lease of life. I said I would race her down the road when i get rid of my crutch (oops - :o I mean my stick) :rotfl: xxxxxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business