Options
1235»

Comments

• JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    BobQ wrote: »
    I think this train is ridiculous. Until they start insisting on you signing up for long periods with lockin penalties, its quite easy to move if they do this.
    But there is a huge inertia in moving bank accounts.
    I can categorically state that if it got to the point where the rewards for this account were worth less to me than the monthly fee I would close the account. But I bet there are many, many out there who would keep it open because of the hassle factor of moving.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ..... many out there who would keep it open because of the hassle factor of moving.

May be, may be not - - I reckon most of the people with a Santander 123 moved to it because of the incentives. For a very small percentage of 123 account holders, it will be the first account they ever held. So it is most likely that the vast majority of the 123 account holders would do just like you (and I) - i.e. close the account as soon as it costs more than it pays.

But in any case: anyone not moving (or opening new) current accounts when it would be in their own interest has only got themselves to blame.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    I reckon most of the people with a Santander 123 moved to it because of the incentives.
    Yes, it's a problem with offering the best deal on the market - you end up with the most savvy customers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure