1p and 2p supermarket bargains

Options

Comments

• FISHEY
    FISHEY Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if thats to me - it was all of them (we are playing a joke on someone that wears them alot so i needed 63 pairs) all different styles and every one was 4p. Were still loads left - dont think i took them all lol the security guy and checkout guy were excited! lol

Who were they made by and which shop asda, tesco etc would also help people ;).
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    Sainsburys had Chocolate roses (1 rose in a plastic stem), and Olympic mascots/lollies all 1p each. I bought all 10 of the roses for party bags, the 6 lollies & a few of the mascots (2 in a pack, think they were about 50p before?) but loads of the mascots left.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • wantsajob
    wantsajob Posts: 705 Forumite
    Options
    telboyo wrote: »
    When I worked in ASDA we were not allowed to put anything on the shelf that scanned at 2p. THis means it is withdrawn from sale for whatever reason.
    That's what the staff like to say when they stick all the stuff round the back, so they can buy it later ;)

If stuff was withdrawn from sale genuinely, they wouldn't simply change the price on the system to 2p. They would send stores a list of items to be taken off the shelves.

The "not being allowed to sell" is either a joke created by Asda staff, or a sign of pure incompetence on behalf of higher management.
    Wanted a job, now have one. :beer:
  • caroc
    caroc Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 October 2012 at 1:35PM
    Options
    Not quit 1 or 2p but I got a load of sunglasses for just 4p a pair - all the ones I scanned went through at 4p :-)

Thanks anjigillies. I scanned some in T's last night and they were 4p.
    Bar Code is 5 052909 478416 on a hanging strip in the ladies clothing section. The frames have a leopard print design, so are quite easily spotted (ha ha)
    Obviously worth checking out all sunglasses for price.
    Newbies - please be discreet. Its no use going into stores and asking where the 1p, 2p, 4p items or whatever they are, are. Definately do not ask the price at the till or CS, they will take them off you and you will not be able to buy. If anyone finds anything a barcode and description /location is useful
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
  • cornishchick
    Options
    don't know if this has been asked , but I do my Mr T shop on line,, do the 1p bargins still happen during an online shop?
    today's mood is brought to you by coffee, lack of sleep and idiots.

Living on my memories, making new ones.
    declutter 104/2020

November GC £96.09/£100.
    December GC £00.00/£100
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    don't know if this has been asked , but I do my Mr T shop on line,, do the 1p bargins still happen during an online shop?

Instore only. Most products that do scan 1p/2p/4p instore say they are currently unavailable online as it is usually end of line stuff. Eg the sunglasses for 4p at the moment are obviously end of summer. Happens with the seasons, celebrations like Christmas and Easter. HTHs
  • Moshi
    Options
    I am under the impression that it one of these cheap items go through the tills the cashier is suppose to take them of sell... Is this true do we have a right to buy them?? or do they have a right to take the item of us????:(
  • Bumbles2
    Bumbles2 Posts: 404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unfortunately the store reserves the right to decline a sale at any stage until money has changed hands. Once you have paid for the item, only then do you have the right to walk out of the store with the item at that price.

It's a common misconception that if an item is marked at a certain price, the store MUST sell it to you at that price. (tesco DTD is a local exception by tesco)
  • penny-lane_2
    Options
    If you go through the self scan till no one will notice and youll be able to pay for it and walk out with not a single person noticing :)
  • robstersgirl
    robstersgirl Posts: 2,813 Forumite
    Options
    Moshi wrote: »
    I am under the impression that it one of these cheap items go through the tills the cashier is suppose to take them of sell... Is this true do we have a right to buy them?? or do they have a right to take the item of us????:(

I had a 1p microsoft mouse taken off me once but have also had a £40 iron put through for 1p without fuss, depends what assistant you pick......
    MSE- The Glitchhikers guide to the galaxy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure