PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st October 2012

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've managed to do jack all in the house this week so far, DH has either been on day off or on lates, by the time he goes to work its time to pick up the kids - does anyone else find that all work stops when the children are home from school or am I just a lazy mare??
    I find this whenever I have dogs staying - flying seems to take forever, and I end up just Level One-ing everything. So no, you're not a lazy mare.;)
    dancemum wrote: »
    I have no tea bags !!!!!!
    How did that happen. Time to sort my food stores I think.
    :eek::eek::eek:Shock! Horror!! Our cupboard always contains a good supply of Breakfast Tea, Earl Grey and Green Tea. If Mr LW didn't get his cups of tea, I shudder to think of the consequences!:D
    I am not sure how my day will be today. I came downstairs this morning to find the cat had done a whoopsie at the bottom of the stairs. Of course, no-one else had noticed it! :mad: I dropped the pot of red, white & blue sugar balls (that go on top of cupcakes) as I got sultanas out of the cupboard for my porridge :( Then, as I was clearing up the sugars balls (the dog had quite a few - so he will be hyper!), my porridge boiled over in the microwave :mad: So, I had cleaned the microwave (again!), and swept the floor (& work surface!)

I had a phone call yesterday from the school re DD2. they are worried about her as well :( I have made an appointment for 4.50 this evening at the GP. Trouble is, I don't finish until 5.15, so she may have to go alone. I will see if I can finish earlier.
    Oh dear; when things go wrong, they do it in battalions! Re DD's appointment - can you offer to work part of your lunch break and then leave an hour or so early? Given the circumstances, one would hope your work would be accommodating.

Dave and I got jumped on by a very exuberant, very wet crossbreed, who had clearly been in the bure when we went for our walk this morning. Poor owner was calling and calling, but Holly (the crossbreed) had her cloth ears on! The guy was so embarrassed, but Dave was fine (I scooped him up onto my lap) and I laughed it off as no harm was done.:o

Flying-wise I've done a WM load of Mr LW's stuff, and hand-washed a top of mine that runs better than Usain Bolt; I must Level One the bedroom in a bit.;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2012 at 1:21PM
    Options
    Just finding my list :]

Monday - Living Room, Hall & Stairs
    Wash back door down

Tuesday - Kitchen & Dining Room
    Wash K floor

Wednesday - Bathroom
    Clean Homer

Thursday - Master Bedroom & Landing
    Put duvets away
    Hoover

Kids Rooms
    Empty bins

Hall and Stairs
    Clean front door

Thats it - i'm done cleaning for today :D
    :p

Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Goodintentions
    Options

[STRIKE]Post CM forms[/STRIKE] yay at last!!
    Moan at very
    Ironing
    Read Childminding book
    Sort references for cleaning job
    Have a good day everyone, my friend is coming round soon so hopefully will get more done later!!x

Excuse me if I am being nosey :o but are you registering as a CM?
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Oh dear; when things go wrong, they do it in battalions! Re DD's appointment - can you offer to work part of your lunch break and then leave an hour or so early? Given the circumstances, one would hope your work would be accommodating.

My work is very accomodating... I am self-employed!! :rotfl:Lunch break? What's that?! I have asked if the 1 child I have can be picked up early, so I can go with DD :) The Mum is lovely, and she had phoned me because she is worried about her DD (14) & asked if my DS could talk to her (they are good friends) so was very understanding :T

Bubba is having a nap, and Miss T is chilling after a busy morning at toddler group. I have a cuppa & have just finished the choccy biscuits! :o I have not even checked the lists!
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aahh, coffee with a pal and the kiddies have calmed down a bit. Going to take them upstairs to watch a DVD and hopefully we'll all nod off.

DD just managed to catch a wee on the potty whilst we were changing her nappy. Very pleased with herself. Then wanted her nappy back on :o:D bought her some Minnie Mouse pants yesterday for Christmas :eek: I guess it won't be long after that we'll be going for it, yikes...

Bog all flying done :D
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Goodintentions
    Options
    One of my things on my October list is to sell some stuff via Ebay/facebook, etc. I have joined a local FB group so I can sell some [STRIKE]junk[/STRIKE] treasure - so far I have bought a car seat & made an offer on a Phil & Teds buggy! :eek: Doh!
  • charlylovesphil
    Options
    Excuse me if I am being nosey :o but are you registering as a CM?

Yes I am :D Its taken me a while to sort everything out, I keep getting worried about being a proper CM!! Are you one?X
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    No tea? :eek:
    Call the emergency services! If you need back up I have about four boxes, shall I set off now? :D
    lol - thats hilarious

Amy - congrats on baby cousin

Well, i have not even looked at todays list, am going to start from Mondays, as decluttering my daughters room yesterday has had a knock on effect, plus i am sitting in a sea of papers as i type, literally, 90% of paperwork done but not quite dusted, but things are not too bad (!!!!). Hope to have recap done by 3.40. Hope everyone well. Happy flying.

ETA Charly good luck with the child minding
  • Goodintentions
    Options
    Yes I am :D Its taken me a while to sort everything out, I keep getting worried about being a proper CM!! Are you one?X

Yes, I am :) I have been minding for 4 years. Good luck :) If you are stuck with anything, PM me. Or I can recommend a good forum!

Just had a call from the TD man. My TD is going to Silicon Heaven :( It needs too many parts, and will cost about £150. And, he said that it might not work for long as something else will probably go. I will get online tonight & get a new one ;)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,793 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have done lots and lots of cleaning

kitchen, bathroom, landing, stairs and my bedroom all done; DS's tidied though I haven't done the bed, DDs vacuumed. found more stuff to 'hide' in the loft so I have. I have also flung some unused gibble

LR gibble shifted; having a :coffee: then I shall vacuum and dust in there

help yourselves :coffee::coffee:
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    URGENT

CODE GONE LIVE FOR FREE TICKETS TO IDEAL HOME CHRISTMAS SHOW

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-days-out/ideal-home-show
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors