PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparing for winter IV

Options

Comments

• PRINCESSX87
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the baby advice. I have written it all down which will help remembering everything.

I'm really running slow on the winter prep - I know i'm going to regret it shortly though. Weather here today has been very - VERY wet. Its rained since 6:20am only now has it decided to stop. I did however manage to buy OH a work winter fleece bodywarmer from ald! yesterday. Ideal for anyone who works out in the cold.
    Future goals:
    Become debt free.
    Beat Depression.
    Be happy & healthy
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its freezing here, had heating on for 10 minutes (trying to keep it off as long as possible). Got a fleece bodywarmer on that I got as a freebie about 12 years ago and its still going strong. Burning some candles for a bit more heat. Home Bargains have big jar candles for £2.99, they burn well and so far I've been burning them for around 4-5 hours a day for 2 weeks and they're not even half way through.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • b_girl
    b_girl Posts: 266 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bluebag wrote: »
    Casting my mind back over the eons I seem to remember my little ones having fleece onsies way back when, do they still do them? They worked well as my two shucked all the covers off all the time.

My sister and I used to wear matching fleecy onesies to bed! From what I remember (about 18 years ago) they were so cosy :j Having had a quick look on a few shops websites looks like they are still selling them :)

Trying to live a good life on little money :T
  • b_girl
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Been so cold and rainy here today too. Everyone at work (me included) seems to be coming down with some kind of lurgy so must stock up on cold things when am next at the shops.

Got a stew in the slow cooker and rice pud for afters - proper wintery food!

Have a good evening everyone :)

• flubberyzing
    Options
    It's been cold here today, and rained from about 11am through 'til 6pm. Yuck.

Looking forward to curling up on the sofa for "Bake Off" in a bit, with a decaff coffee and some biscuits!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • hollieinbloom
    Options
    It's been cold here today, and rained from about 11am through 'til 6pm. Yuck.

Looking forward to curling up on the sofa for "Bake Off" in a bit, with a decaff coffee and some biscuits!

Ooh me too, I love bake off but instead of coffee i think mine will be a hot choccy (coconut options) and few shortbread biccies. (by a few i mean a packet!! hehe) xx

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
  • b_girl
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sounds lovely ladies! :) I too will be watching bake off with a cuppa and biccies. No doubt with a cat clambering all over me!

• nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Finally had to empty the dehumidifier today in DD's room. I started it Friday at 10am, and its been running constantly since except for about 3-4 hours yesterday while I was out. :D Think I might buy another one for my bedroom and then save up for a bigger one for downstairs ;)

I've also put a second blanket on both beds, the front door curtain has gone up, and we've put DD's summer clothes away. I have loads of other things I want to do, but my bank account has other ideas :(
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • bornintoit
    Options
    b_girl wrote: »
    My sister and I used to wear matching fleecy onesies to bed! From what I remember (about 18 years ago) they were so cosy :j Having had a quick look on a few shops websites looks like they are still selling them :)

Hi I'm new to the thread but I can confirm that most places still sell fleecy onesies for children. My son is 5 and I have just bought two for him for over the winter period. They have been an essential winter item for him for the last 4 years, really great as kids have a habit of throwing their duvets and blankets off while sleeping.
    'Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves'
  • Vala-Mal-Doran
    Options
    :rotfl:

I think we've all been watching Bake Off with our cuppas and biscuits (is that because we knew it was biscuit week and didnt want to miss out - or was that just me!?)

I was also sat watching it in my fingerless gloves ..still refusing even the electric heater. Also I went and put the ikea fleeces to work and put them over the bottom bed sheet so it wont be as :eek: when we get into bed!:rotfl:
    Simplify and then Simplify some more!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport