Using Roboform to fill in "No Thanks" boxes in Dailies

edited 1 May 2014 at 7:37PM in Compers Chat Corner
538 replies 58.4K views

Replies

• toniqtoniq Forumite
    29.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks for this, The daily mag comps were out of reach for me to do with limited time, now after spending 2 mins doing the above I'm going to be able to whizz through them.

Thanks xxxxx
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • madrikmadrik Forumite
    155 posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    compsalex wrote: »
    Be careful adding extras. Make sure you want it to always apply.

By the way - in the original post, the top two custom fields refer to the square shaped tick boxes and the long list refers to the round radio buttons.

Doesn't work for all sites so be careful - check first.

Would welcome any good additions from anyone.

I'm watching for the more common options, and always check whats been ticked, as it can be quicker to untivk once every 5 comps instead of ticking 4 in 5 :D
  • becky004becky004 Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a fab solution! Have been very sporadic doing the dailies because of all the ticking, am not very technical but it was easy to set up with your instructions.
    I love this board, have "virtually" met so many lovely people, people I am honoured to count as friends.
    March Wins - Product Of The Year Goody Bag

• zaphgbzaphgb Forumite
    895 posts
    Ninth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    OMG - just found this. This is brill. I wish I had seen it earlier today though because I've just spent AGES going through them all! I'll set this up to try out tomorrow.
    Many thanks for this!
    Good luck to all x :hello:
  • kit34kit34 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    very good im not very computor savvy but have just set it up however its not ticking my .. not interested boxes and idea why
    my name is Kit and im addicted to competitions , the what if is my driving force :D !!

• In the original post the sections that fill in the "not interested" tick boxes are the following....

"In the first available Field Name (A1) type "No" (without quotes). In the Field Value (A2) type "*" and in the Other Match Strings (A3) type "No Thanks" and "Not Interested" (on separate lines)

Repeat the same for the next custom entry (B) but instead of a "*" type "X"

(See screenshot in original post)

Should work fine if you follow these instructions.
    2014 Losses - Front Door Key, Premier League, Luis Suarez
  • kit34kit34 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    i used quotes !!!!! ta daaaaa sorted now thanks for the amazing tip saved ages
    my name is Kit and im addicted to competitions , the what if is my driving force :D !!

• lomaxsylvialomaxsylvia Forumite
    5.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, you are absolutely brilliant, easy instructions as well, you deserve a medal.

Is there any way this can be a sticky so it stays near the top so newbies will have a better chance of finding it?
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • lomaxsylvia

Thanks for that.

As for making it a sticky I wouldn't know where to start - quite new to this.
    2014 Losses - Front Door Key, Premier League, Luis Suarez
  • lomaxsylvialomaxsylvia Forumite
    5.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Compsalex, Perhaps one of the old hands will come along and help with that if they think its a good idea.

By the way, it works with the free download too. Brilliant. Thanks again.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support