Scam sylk skin care

Options
13»

Comments

• sillytiger
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Errr...
    Are you saying that if there had been T&Cs to read you would not have given your card details?

But as there were no T&Cs, it was OK to give card details?

Strange logic.
    hmm... you obviously have no sympathy and sound rather smug , of course if there had been a box to actually see , in which it said we will be ripping you off taking hundreds of pounds from your account and you are agreeing to us charging you and this is not actually free then no i would not have given my card details , i may have been rather gullable but i am not totally stupid
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sillytiger wrote: »
    i fell prey to this company who did not display any terms or conditions on their face book ad for me to read or i wouldnt have bee stupid enough to give them my card details . this free trial ( that isnt free ) has caused me nothing but trouble since september 2012 , i have been charged almost $300 by them under 3 names heashi and giovanni complex are 2 of them , my bank santander have given me a one off 20pound payment as i complained that no one seemed to know what they were doing and were not helping me . i called the company on one of their us numbers as they did not reply to my emails . i was assured in november that my account was indeed closed , by some idiot who insisted on calling me maam (im not the queen !) so i thought everything was ok until i checked my bank statementon wednesday this week and found another payment of 49 pounds gone to another company heashi .com . on looking them up , low and behold a woman rubbing cream on her face , alarm bells rang... it was them again !! i called usa and cancelled yet again . my bank has now stopped my debit card and are sending me another one and pin number . they didnt offer this the last three times only sending disclaimer forms which they then informed me i hadnt done enough to stop them so did not reimburse me . hopefully a new card number may be enough to deter them , however i spoke to an advisor in fraud at santander and apparently if these scammers are persistant they will contact visa and get access to your account . visa cannot actually stop this . good luck to all you fellow people who have been conned . there is no hope of any money back . i even contacted the fbi ... no reply !

You might try escalating the complaint with Santander - write to them - and doing charge backs. You may have agreed to one company taking a card payment by failing to read the terms and conditions but it is unlikely you agreed to multiple companies taking card payments. Therefore some of the charges are unauthorised/ fraudulent.

BTW it's perfectly normal for US citizens to refer to customers as ma'am.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    hmm... you obviously have no sympathy and sound rather smug , of course if there had been a box to actually see , in which it said we will be ripping you off taking hundreds of pounds from your account and you are agreeing to us charging you and this is not actually free then no i would not have given my card details , i may have been rather gullable but i am not totally stupid

Can you provide a link to the site you used.....
    If this site wont allow you to link.
    Then just copy and paste.
    Or is it this one

I deal with these companies on a daily basis and have yet to find one that does not have the T/C at the bottom of the page, or require to tick a box that states you agree to them as well.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    my bank has now stopped my debit card and are sending me another one and pin number . they didnt offer this the last three times only sending disclaimer forms which they then informed me i hadnt done enough to stop them so did not reimburse me . hopefully a new card number may be enough to deter them , however i spoke to an advisor in fraud at santander and apparently if these scammers are persistant they will contact visa and get access to your account . visa cannot actually stop this . good luck to all you fellow people who have been conned . there is no hope of any money back . i even contacted the fbi ... no reply !

Can't understand why they replaced the PIN... Or the card come to that, but it may make you feel better.

Fact is so long as you have cancelled that is all the info Santander need to make a chargeback (41 cancelled CPA)
    The company DOES NOT have to respond to your request to cancel.
    Santander DO NOT need proof of this to action the chargeback. If they company rejects the chargeback then they wil lask for it.

I do not know why Santander are sending you any paperwork as the chargeback DOES NOT require any to action.

Any company that processes CPA's has the right to access the visa account updater and get your new card details.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • sillytiger
    Options
    thanks for your reply dalesrider . i dont know what this chargeback thing is ,? however the link you sent is not the one i bought from . the one i used was on facebook and very similar . no check box came up .
    i spoke to santander s fraud team who incidentally did not offer me the luxury of changing my 16 digit card number and a new card and pin no. on the first 3 occasions these people who find a different alias every time they took money from my account . i had to fill paperwork in on 3 occasions expalinig what had happened , i appealed against their decision in writing and it was declined . when i complained to santander i got a 20pound refund .on this occasion i was ofered anew card and guaranteed they ( the scammers ) cannot access my account again ( however they said this 3 times before ) im genuinely worried they will keep takin money . thanks again
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i dont know what this chargeback thing is ,?
    Then have a read of MSE's Chargeback article.

There's a link to it at the top of this page.
    It looks like...
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Follow the complaints procedure, in writing preferably even if you have written before, then go to the ombudsman.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • sillytiger
    Options
    thanks firefox , i will get back in touch with santander , dont hold out much hope though as i have been advised by at least 4 people there now and all said something different . will ask about the chargeback as i cancelled this agreement in november . this is making me so angry , i thought it was finished with last year :mad:
  • Lulu_Gee
    Options
    charlizet wrote: »
    I cancelled further payments being taken out from my credit card, but haven not had anything credited back, even though they very quickly took out over £200.. am extremely frustrated by this..what else can I do..I have learnt my lesson..to check these companies before ordering anything..

My bank account has been debited just under £400 for a sample of this cream in just a three week period.
    My bank say they can't refund my monies as i have entered into an agreement when I ordered the free sample and the small print means they are tied by bank regs not to help me.
    They have agreed to cancel any future debits but I am appalled that such a scam can be so widespread yet the banks who are well aware of it can do nothing to prevent it.
    I am so mad with myself for beinf sucked in by this scam and even madder for losing £400 when as a pensioner with no income can ill-afford.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure