Scam sylk skin care

Options

Comments

• RosiPossum
    Options
    I couldn't find Sylk Skin on a search, but I found Vitalyze, which seems to be the same thing. The US site takes you to https://mysecureordering.net/vital1b6/uk/?caid=29495&misc3=650228873&caCode=GVTLUK&nopop=0&stid=383&cid2=10449#form1and if you scroll to the very bottom, there are terms and conditions (not easy to see).
    Click on that and you're taken to https://mysecureordering.net/vital1b6/uk/terms.aspx where it tells you that you have to sign up and then will be entered into a subscription.

It's a lesson, I think, to read the Ts&Cs on the site rather than after you enter your details.
    I'm not lecturing - I wouldn't have thought to do that before reading this.

Good luck in getting your money back!
  • masoodalam
    Options
    My wife did make the same mistake paying for postage at first for free product about £3.50 after 7 days they debited another £68 from her account; the first free product didnt even arrive till after 15 days.I contact them and they said wait till product arrive you and then return it to us.We have to pay the post £6 to return it.I made 11 calls since then,i spoke to 11 different people each time i wanted to speak the manager but they didnt allowed.I threatened them so many time but uptill now to no avails.
    Trouble is you cant take them to court because the company based in USA.Meanwhile I would advise everyone to write against this company wherever you can so the other dont get stung from this money grabbing scum of the earth people.Any suggestions welcome.
  • sweetsheep84
    Options
    I remember seeing this on watchdog long time ago. Something in the t&c we agreed on and the banks cannot cancel payments to them (if my memories serve me right)

For those try to call USA, try using a phone card which can get hold of in most off licence
  • Looelooebell
    Looelooebell Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 8 January 2013 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Today I found a contact telephone number on Scambook site. It is 08082342043. I spoke to a female called Rahj. When I explained that I had two jars of Sylk Skin which I wanted to return, she gave me a returns number to write on the package. She also said that she would now de-activate my account and, that within 24 hours of receiving my returned cream, I will receive a full refund to my account.

I intend to try and post the package tomorrow, with the said returns number on it. Watch this space. I will advise if it was successful and if I receive a refund.

Please bare in mind that the phone number is in the USA and is best to ring late afternoon UK time. I have just received an email from the company confirming that they have de-activated my account.
  • Macky1234
    Options
    I too have fallen victim to this fraud. Online research indicates this Company constantly changing names, contact email addresses and tel no's... Better Business Bureau has this Company listed with an alert and a rating of F (worse that it can be). Scambook shows thousands in losses from innocent people. Google searches show pages and pages of victims.

I am currently in dispute with my Bank about how they are proposing to deal with this fraudulent Company.

I did not tick any boxes for monthly subscriptions, neither did I sight any terms and conditions. I simply completed the details on a advert that was advertised on a reputable website for free sample cream of Evening Sky and Sylk Skin (incidently both trash) and agreed to pay postage and packaging absolutely definitely not at any time did I agree or consent to this Company deducting 2 lots of approx £65 per month.

I have reported this Company to Trading Standards.

I have also reported this fraud to Action Fraud, who are the National Fraud Office. I have been given a Crime Reference No. and advised that this matter will be passed to The City of London Police.

Please spread the word for other victims of this crime to report to the Action Fraud.

Hoping to get to a satisfactory resolution with my Bank.
  • charlizet
    Options
    I ordered 2 x sylk creams in trial size, they were free, but I had to pay £4.99 on both items, which came from America..about 2 weeks later I received these items, tried them, made no difference, so wasnt happy, but the worse was yet to come..the company debited my credit card £127.24 and then £64.00, followed by another £64.00..but the credit card would not credit my account as I should have read the terms and conditions. They told me to return these products with a closing letter, the american company didnt get back to me, so I emailed them several times. I did not get a reply, so I went back to my credit card company who said they would get in touch with them..After several weeks, they emailed me, but said they could not credit me any money and said they hadnt received the items.. so there was nothing I could do and realised that this is a complete and utter scam to get money and get your credit card details. SO BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE.. My credit card company will not help either and agreed that this was a scam and I should not have agreed to their terms.. I am so angry..
  • charlizet
    Options
    Best of luck with your bank...I am owed over £200 for 2 sample creams and my credit card will not do a thing to help...Feeling a fool, and nothing is free....
  • charlizet
    Options
    I cancelled further payments being taken out from my credit card, but haven not had anything credited back, even though they very quickly took out over £200.. am extremely frustrated by this..what else can I do..I have learnt my lesson..to check these companies before ordering anything..
  • sillytiger
    sillytiger Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 22 February 2013 at 5:35PM
    Options
    i fell prey to this company who did not display any terms or conditions on their face book ad for me to read or i wouldnt have bee stupid enough to give them my card details . this free trial ( that isnt free ) has caused me nothing but trouble since september 2012 , i have been charged almost $300 by them under 3 names heashi and giovanni complex are 2 of them , my bank santander have given me a one off 20pound payment as i complained that no one seemed to know what they were doing and were not helping me . i called the company on one of their us numbers as they did not reply to my emails . i was assured in november that my account was indeed closed , by some idiot who insisted on calling me maam (im not the queen !) so i thought everything was ok until i checked my bank statementon wednesday this week and found another payment of 49 pounds gone to another company heashi .com . on looking them up , low and behold a woman rubbing cream on her face , alarm bells rang... it was them again !! i called usa and cancelled yet again . my bank has now stopped my debit card and are sending me another one and pin number . they didnt offer this the last three times only sending disclaimer forms which they then informed me i hadnt done enough to stop them so did not reimburse me . hopefully a new card number may be enough to deter them , however i spoke to an advisor in fraud at santander and apparently if these scammers are persistant they will contact visa and get access to your account . visa cannot actually stop this . good luck to all you fellow people who have been conned . there is no hope of any money back . i even contacted the fbi ... no reply !
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sillytiger wrote: »
    i fell prey to this company who did not display any terms or conditions on their face book ad for me to read or i wouldnt have bee stupid enough to give them my card details .
    Errr...
    Are you saying that if there had been T&Cs to read you would not have given your card details?

But as there were no T&Cs, it was OK to give card details?

Strange logic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport