How to get Sky+ £110 cheaper than usual!

Options
Hey.

Well as people know from my other threads I'm shortly moving to the Sky 3 in 1 package though adding sky+.

I was shocked at the £60 installation fee plus the £99 box fee seeing as normal Sky is obviously slap bang 0.

Online it was £159, on the phone it was £159, and further more there were no offers anywhere.

Nearly resorting to paying this extornitionate fee I thought I'd have one last punt at a random sales guy in a shopping center.

£49 total fee.

WAHOOO

So, £49 for the sky+ box as well as installation.

He ALSO gave me £30 M&S VOuchers (part of referral scheme for him) meaning £19 really for Sky+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is for new customers only I do believe, but its certainly made my decision a lot easier.

In fact, with that, Sky and their package is ending up cheaper than NTL even including the BT Line Rental! Which is poifect for me.

I'll be going for the SkY Broadband Max deal as well. Just hope I actually get decent speeds and am near the exchange ^-^
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
[/FONT]

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done that man!
    Recommend you read up on the joys of Sky broadband at Skyuser
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    Not sure if that was sarcasm but many people have different experiences.

NTL doesnt cover the place I'm going to, and any other ISP would be charging double the £10 for the max broadband!

Plus theres the 7 day cooloff so when I get the broadband , IF its absolutely crap, i can cancel :)

I got Sky for the Sky+. and thats what my post is about hehe
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wasn't meant to be, my Sky Broadband is working fine, but people do have problems and those are the ones that mostly post on the forums, so youdo get a distorted view.
    But if you want to tweak your router etc all the info is there.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure