Forum Home» Phones & TV» Broadband & Internet Access

MSE News: Free broadband for Tesco Mobile users - but is it worth it?

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Free broadband for Tesco Mobile users - but is it worth it?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
9 replies 3.9K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
"Tesco Mobile users can get 12 months free broadband if they sign up by the end of 2012 - but have to pay line rental too ..."

Replies

• bod1467bod1467
    15.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Tesco have their T&Cs and offer documents better nailed down than Orange did. ;)
  • SailorSamSailorSam Forumite
    22.8K posts
    I'm with Tesco but Payg, don't suppose they'll let me join.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • I hope their atrocious service and phone down times have improved from 6 months ago.

We had this and from 6pm at night you would pick up the phone to a service unavailable message due to congestion on the network. The speeds of their broadband was well below our current provider and was not like they said our internal wirings fault.

Even if it was 100% free lines, calls and broadband i still wouldnt want it!
  • SailorSam wrote: »
    I'm with Tesco but Payg, don't suppose they'll let me join.

From today until 31 December, pay monthly, pay-as-you-go (PAYG) and Sim-only Tesco Mobile customers can sign up for free, unlimited broadband plus free evening and weekend calls for 12 months.
  • I am in a broadband contract with Tesco and can't wait to get out of it....there customer service is rubbish, they have very little training and rely on everything there computer tells them and if you ask anything out of the box they haven't a clue !
    Born and bred in Manchester (proud of it)
    Now living on the other side of the Pennines
  • I'm tempted by this, does anyone have any positive experiences to share? I have their mobile network and have never had any problems, am hoping the broadband would be decent too?
  • I called to sign up for this and was told that their systems did not accept my account details for setting up my direct debit. Considering that I pay my Tesco Mobile bill by DD from the same account, it does seem a bit strange! Any other similar experiences?
  • Hi All,

Its beena couple of weeks since the last post and was wondering if anyone has had a more confidence inspiring service from tesco? My BT contract is up this month and I'm tempted as a Tesco Mobile user to go for this offer as it will save me cash in the long run but put off by previous posters experience.

Anyone got anything good to say about them?

Al.
    WW Start Weight 18/04/12 = 19st 11lbs
    Weight today = 17st 6.5lbs
    Loss to date 32.5lbs!!!
  • grumblergrumbler Forumite
    53.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are not a Tesco Mobile user it's £2.50 p.m. with £30 Tesco giftcard (or £35 quidco) - that is essentially the same as 12 months free.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support