We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What is the latest after a wedding.....

Options

Comments

• 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It wasn't anything to do with travel agents/upgrades etc. Was more to do with when we as a 'bride' would see latest is for saying 'we're off on honeymoon' and when we'd feel it was the holiday period.

I think the sweet month afterwards explains it well and think if we did go away at the end of the year I'd just class it as a holiday rather than a honeymoon.

Its nothing to do with money, more Austrailia/new zeland (I'm guessing) and so that's when he'd like to visit ideally for weather etc.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i think a honeymoon is the couples first holiday together after the wedding
    now when this would be could be down to the couple

as an mse if you were getting married say in august its probs best to go away sept/october when its cheaper

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    74jax wrote: »
    . Was more to do with when we as a 'bride' would see latest is for saying 'we're off on honeymoon' and when we'd feel it was the holiday period.

My Gran always used to say "you're a Bride for the first year of marriage!".....
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    My Gran always used to say "you're a Bride for the first year of marriage!".....

Oooo I like your Gran's thinking :j
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • stir_crazy
    Options
    picklepick wrote: »
    Why do you need to know? I don;t think it matters.

I went on honeymoon 2 days after my wedding and got freebies.
    But, I also know friends who've told travel companies that they're on honeymoon and got freebies and they aren't even married.

No one, at any point, asked for proof!

How did you get freebies? It would be nice to get some, but short of doing a Monica and Chandler ("We're MARRIED!") I'm not sure how I'd let the travel company know.
  • picklepick
    picklepick Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 September 2012 at 11:34AM
    Options
    When we booked it (Thomas Cook Style) there was a box to tick if you were on honeymoon. There was one for 'special anniversary' and stuff like that, too.

We got wine and fruit in our room, a free meal in a nice restaurant by the sea, balloons, the bed was covered in beautifully arranged petals, a lovely heart shape pillow with 'Congratulations' written on it in Turkish (it sits on our bed now), a massage offer from the hotel spa and a pebble that the hotel craft staff painted with pictures of us and our names and wedding date on. It was all so very lovely.
    Our hotel was the sort that was popular with honeymooners though.
    What matters most is how well you walk through the fire
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    We have normally been asked to indicate whether there is any special occasion on our checking in forms although I think my travel agent will be letting the island know anyway.

Any holiday I have next year is a honeymoon as far as I am concerned :rotfl:makes absolutely no difference to the bookings or where we go but I just feel better if I have two or three honeymoons :D

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • stir_crazy
    Options
    Oh, we didnt have that :( or not that I noticed when we booked it. No freebies for us then.
  • picklepick
    Options
    Who did you book with? Give them a call and say that you wanted to let them know that you'll be on honeymoon. Just say you had a friend who got some nice extras at their hotel and thought it couldn't do any harm to let them know that you are too. They must get it all the time.
  • picklepick
    Options
    There's nothing to stop you mentioning it when you're checking in too. When they say welcome to 'So and So', just say 'Thanks, we're on our honeymoon!' :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport