Please read if your ISP is AOL

Options
I Decided to go with AOL because they totally uncapped downloads with no fair usage policy. After joining i had speed problems so i phoned customer support after 5 phone calls of more than 1hr to a call center in India my speed problem was not resolved, i wrote a letter & complained & finally a qualified person rang a sorted the problem within 2 days.

The other night @ 6pm to 11pm my download speed went down to 60kps i get a average speed of 750kbs as i had no letter or email from AOL letting me know of any new T&C or fair usage policy i thought i had a fault on the line. But after reading a number of forums i realized they were capping me without any warring.

they can cap any1 @ any time now

i have now moved to fast4 gr8 service speed drops a little @ peak times + just 17.99 not 30

if your with AOL & paying 30 u should have a rethink

hope u find this helpful

Comments

• swanny65
    swanny65 Posts: 340 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Were you outside of your contacted period?

I have a mate who signed up in Jan as he was capped by Demon. He is a heavy user, mainly downloading legally allowed torrent files of grateful dead, dylan etc but now finds AOL have altered his T&C's. Can he get out of his contact? He doiesn't just want to up and leave incase they wont give him his mac code.
  • bellamy_47
    bellamy_47 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aol have a fup of 60gb a month. con merchants, I told them they were breaching contract and guilty of false advertising. i received a letter with mac code and written confirmation that they cancelled my contract to a one month rolling deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure