Do not use London and Country Mortgage Brokers

Options
Just thought I would warn folks about these bunch of cowboys.

Am currently using them and they are the worst service providers I have ever come across. They are extremely slow, constantly make stupid errors and NEVER reply to emails or pick up the phone once you have an AIP. They are good when it comes to getting new business but are the opposite when it comes to executing the mortgage process.

I am so annoyed with these jokers that I am considering leaving them midway through my application. 6 weeks from the AIP and they still havent made sure a valuation has been done.

As they NEVER pick up the phone and simply ignore all emails you cant actually talk to them.

Is there anyone to complain to for mortgage brokers. I feel that London and Country need to be shut down once and for all.

Comments

• imoneyop
    imoneyop Posts: 970 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I have to disagree, I've used L&C a number of times and have always found them very efficient. I've also had no problems getting in touch with my individual adviser or his admin guy.
  • emeraldbugle
    emeraldbugle Posts: 1,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have to agree. I phoned yesterday he said he would call me back in 5 mins...24 hours later, still waiting. I have phoned again and left a message.

Hubby tells me everytime we have moved, he has phoned L&C, and thought they were useless, no one returns your call.
  • mintymoneysaver
    Options
    I've thought they were fantastic both times I used them and I have recommended them to others who were also very happy.
    Surely it's up to a bank or bs to sort out the valuation, not them? I thought once they had linked you up their job was over?
  • tweep
    tweep Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Once we had the mortgage in principle the mortgage lending aggrements came through, and the lender organised our survey. We get complimenty update's from L&C customer services dept letting us know what is due from us and them advising/making sure we have recieved and sent back forms ect, I would reccomend them.

Maybe call L&c and ask for somebody else to continue with your file? well thats what I would do. If its just one broker maybe this happens alot with this person.

Good luck
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    L&C cater for a type of individual who knows a bit about mortgages and used to online transactions.

If you need a bit more hand holding, then you cannot beat the local broker. Perhaps the distribution channel isnt suited for you?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to agree. I phoned yesterday he said he would call me back in 5 mins...24 hours later, still waiting. I have phoned again and left a message.

Hubby tells me everytime we have moved, he has phoned L&C, and thought they were useless, no one returns your call.

If you get a good broker in the first place, you should use them.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • i1189
    i1189 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    I just completed a re-mortgage with L&C, and they were very good. The broker I was dealing with called every time he said he would, and the whole thing went through without a hitch.
  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be honest there are probably some reasonably good advisers at L&C but at the end of the day they have targets to meet so customer service will always be compromised thats why I think clients should look to smaller firms to service their needs as they will get the attention they deserve. To me, whilst L&C are obviously highly rated by Martin Lewis, it is the only thing that man has ever done that I disagree with. There is a lot to be said for consistency and its clear to me that using L&C is a bit of a lottery when it comes to service.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • toonfish
    toonfish Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    shop local
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

• Montymoo_2
    Montymoo_2 Posts: 453 Forumite
    Options
    I asked for someone to contact me after reading Martins guide to mortgages...needless to say that Im still waiting for the phonecall nearly a month later

I tried calling them but didnt get a response
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport