Ikea head office address?

Options

Comments

• lucretia_ten
    Options
    alison999 wrote: »
    i have to say ive used ikea many times and never had any problems.

last time i went i bought a table that was on offer through the ikea family card. i went to sort out home delivery (which even though is £35, id saved over £20 with my family card so it wasnt that bad) the lad said he felt bad charging me £35 for home delivery and arranged a taxi home for me which cost £15.

i was really grateful to that guy, he was lots of help and i couldnt of asked for better service :D

Sorry but you obviously don't use the Coventry store where you are guaranteed an awful experience if things go wrong. Their delivery service is a joke too - I purchased a dining table and chairs but because the chairs weren't wrapped or boxed, was told they weren't insured - took this up with customer service who said "there is nothing Ikea can do, it's up to the delivery company" but it's all a part of Ikea isn't it? The delivery guy asked if the items were brand new - I'd just spent over £500 in total that day so my response was "they'd damn well better be". Guess where I won't be shopping again!
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Hey I dont think Coventry hold the monopoly on rubbish customer service, Thurrock is pretty awful too!

As far as stock levels go, I wouldnt trust anything you are either told over the phone when ringing the store or told on the website when checking stock as NEITHER are ever correct (at least not in my experience)

It usually takes me around 45mins to get there (assuming traffic in tunnel is ok) so I check before I leave (before opening time) and there is 50 of the wardrobe I wanted in stock. None when I got there.

I know its a busy place but do you really think they sold 50 in the 5 mins or so the store had been open (it almost takes 5 mins to walk to the point where the wardrobes are kept) when we complained about the website saying there was stock the girl on customer service just sneered "Well the websites just a guide and its never accurate" WELL WHATS THE BL**DY POINT OF THAT THEN???:mad::mad:

So next time we went we phoned beforehand knowing the website is useless, "yes I can confirm there are 24 in stock, would you like me to reserve one for you?" was the reply! "Of course" says I

Jumped in the car, drove the hours journey to get there to find there were none, and no reservation for me (and no record of it - quick tip: ALWAYS get the name of who you spoke to, I could have kicked myself for this as the guy at customer service just grinned and said "well I cant really do much about it if you dont know who you spoke to" and just went silent as if that was all he ws going to say on the matter!

We managed to get £25 off the wardrobe after complaining about the wasted journey(X2) dartford toll (X2 both ways)

Probably just about covered the fuel used to be honest.

Rubbish
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • absolutebounder
    absolutebounder Posts: 20,305 Forumite
    Options
    Wembley is rubbish too
    Dont buy a kitchen from them.
    planning is a joke.
    customer service is no joke. more of an oxymoron
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
  • x-Princess-Vikki-x
    Options
    Hi, does anyone have an email address for customer services?
    I was given one by someone on 'Ikea Live Chat' but it ends in .com so might be a US email.

Did anyone have an outcome after complaining?

They sold us the wrong sized mattress after it was labelled wrong and had to make 3 return trips of over 70 miles in total for them to sort it. in the end we had to pay £50 extra for the right size! no apologys for their mistake either!
    ♥ Blogger at Victoria's Vintage Blog ♥
  • kishka
    kishka Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    can anybody tell me where the Asian Headquarter of IKEA is???? pleaseee, it's urgent!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    kishka wrote: »
    can anybody tell me where the Asian Headquarter of IKEA is???? pleaseee, it's urgent!
    Which country?

Go here and click on the relevent country. Then click on 'contact us'.
  • Littlelight
    Options
    Thank you for these details
    tomh wrote: »
    UK details are:

Ikea Ltd.
    Ikea Tower
    255 North Circular Road
    London NW10 0JQ
    England
    Phone: 020-8233-2300
    Fax: 020-8451-2813

PrintKey Information
    D&B D-U-N-S Number 296600554
    Company Registration Number 1986283
    Line Of Business Furniture Retailers
    Location Type Headquarters

Key Numbers
    Annual Sales £882,330,000
    Annual Profit £132,775,000
    Total Employees 6,000
    Employees At This Location 140

Key Person
    Director Peter H Nielsen

Primary UK SIC Code
    52.440 Retail sale of furniture, lighting equipment and household articles not elsewhere classified

Primary US SIC Code
    5712 Furniture stores

If you want the Swedish details let me know and I can dig them out for you.
  • Graham_P
    Options
    Just to level things up on the subject of service, I was in Utrecht IKEA and my car broke down in the car park. The front desk person couldn't have been more helpful, allowing me to use the phone finding numbers for me and even got me a coffee whilst I waited for the garage to turn up. I sent flowers to her because she went to extra mile to help.
  • drali152
    Options
    Wembley is rubbish too
    Dont buy a kitchen from them.
    planning is a joke.
    customer service is no joke. more of an oxymoron

Complaint letter

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope that you will be in sound health. I am an IKEA customer for some time and always enjoyed shopping in IKEA particularly my children have a strong liking for IKEA food corner. Unfortunately, recently I along with my family (wife and four kids) had a quite traumatic and shocking experience of shopping at IKEA. We were dealt at lower than human level and it was quite disgusting indeed. It took a while before its ill effects could start fade away. It is very painful to write as it reminds me this vivid dream

I went to IKEA with my family for shopping on 23/11 10. I bought a mattress from bargain corner and my 4 year old son picked up a toy and paid for both. I left the mattress at delivery point and picked up another one and scanned it along with another similar toy this time picked up by three years old daughter. During all this exercise my wife and two kids remained in store to continue the shopping. My kids never came beyond check point with their toys. A few minute later after booking mattresses for delivery, I came back and told my wife that I was going to say my prayer in nearby masjjid (mosque). She told me that kids are not playing with theses toys and have picked up some more toys so better is to return the toys we had paid for before the children could loose them. I took the toys to return and at check lady security officer stopped me and asked for receipt which I showed to her and she let me go. This security officer certainly right from the beginning due to my skin colour and true Muslim get up with cap, beard and shalwar qameez was giving odd facial gestures which I ignored. I went customer desk to return the toys and she sent another boy to ask the man dealing us not to proceed any further which he did and then she came there and took the customer services man in a room and kept us hanging out side for 10-15 minutes and I was getting late for my prayer. I picked up the toys from the counter and said that I will come back after my prayer. This security officer came after us and toys were snatched from my kids aged 10 and 11 saying that you never paid for. I told security officer that I am a doctor in NHS and why I would to this mean act of shoplifting and I had a proof of purchase but she insisted in the presence of few other customers that I did commit shoplifting and she had got recording of that. At that point I said that let me say my prayer first and then in will come back. I also explained to her that I had had come to store yesterday and took out a detailed print of the items I was interested to buy but as it was too late so I had to come that day. She turned a deaf ear to all of it. She kept my receipts worth 263 pounds in her custody. I came back and she told me to wait at customer services counter where her other colleagues came and they were looking at me and my innocents kids as they had caught us red handed and this security officer herself looked so proud on her achievement. We kept on waiting for a long time there till she took us to another part of the store and sat all of three of us in a small cell like room with a bench and a security officer (Mr. Saleem) was guarding the door. During all this she kept on interrogating my innocent kids insensitively and as result my daughter could not bear it any more and became panicky frightened and started crying begging to let us go we are not thieves. She was allowed to go out and I and my son stayed in waiting for the store security manager (Salina) to show us the evidence and to decide about our fate. It took two hours for the man right from the beginning ager to come with the two meaningless pictures to prove her case as a result of which she has got noting to do except ton let us go and toys were returned. In the last moment there were quite a few security officers and none of them could say sorry which a heart of UK culture is.

All of us were completely shatter with this disgusting event. This was a complete illustration of professional incompetency and lack of training particularly to deal with children and thanks to Allah WST that my tree and four years old kids were not with me otherwise they would have treated them similarly. My children did not eat any thing at home after coming back from school saying that they will at IKEA food corner and a great shame that they remained hungry and thirsty. Now they do not like to hear IKEA and hate it.
    • Why we were insulted humiliated and treated like thieves despite showing evidence of purchase?
    • Why it took two hours for security manager to speak to us?
    • Why my children were treated like thieves and interrogated extremely inappropriately, which could leave a lasting bad impact on there minds?
    • Why we were clearly discriminated on racial and religious grounds?
    • Why we were virtually imprisoned in a cell?
    • Under which law she had shown us meaningless picture to make her case?
  • Jeff_Bridges_hair
    Jeff_Bridges_hair Posts: 6,330 Forumite
    edited 17 January 2011 at 2:41AM
    Options
    I hope you didnt write that and send it in to them,. Thats horrendous.

and at no point from what i can read did anyone discriminate on race or religious grounds.

You assumed they did.You and your Tree
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure