🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

New Argos Credit Card 29.9%APR - Guess who's issuing it?

Options
Simon7685
Simon7685 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
edited 28 October 2013 at 4:00PM in Credit cards
MSE Official Insert: Got a poor credit rating? Read our special Bad Credit Rating guide

I was looking for something on the Argos site earlier and saw a link for their All New Credit Card.

Curiosity got me so I clicked the link............

creditcard_page_header.jpg

Need a helping hand with those little extras? From groceries and petrol to broken fridges and unexpected bills – Argos has teamed up with XXXXXXX XXXX to make your budget a little more flexible.
Apply now and you could get a credit limit starting from £150 - £1,000. And because the NEW Argos Credit Card can be used in over 24 million outlets worldwide, you can use it at all your favourite places.

Even more curious I continued to read on wondering who was issuing it. Then came the first clue..........

Anyone recognise this speil from a familiar company?...........

• Get an easy-to-manage credit limit starting from £150 - £1,000
  • On your 4th statement, you could get a credit limit increase Conditions apply, see below.*
  • And another on every 4th statement, up to £3,000. Conditions apply, see below.*
    We'll never increase your credit limit without asking!

Anyone got it yet?

No, well here it is, Drum Roll please..................

More Drum Rolls, loud laughter and rapturous applause please

:T:rotfl::rotfl::T

Here it Comes.....................

creditcard_botom_banner.jpg
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
As a responsible lender, Vanquis Bank will seek to provide you with a Credit Limit that reflects your needs and your ability to manage your account. To be considered for a Credit Limit Increase, you should make use of your Credit Limit without going over limit and make your payments on time. By using your Credit Limit and keeping your account in order, you demonstrate to us that you can manage your account well and can handle the monthly repayments. Please also keep your other accounts such as credit cards, loans, catalogues, mobile phone and mortgages in order and don’t take on too much debt elsewhere. Please remember this is just a guide and meeting this criteria does not guarantee you a Credit Limit Increase.
Important: Credit is subject to: status; telephone contact; confirmation of name and address; not already holding a credit card or loan issued by Vanquis Bank; no reasonable suspicion of fraud, and is only available to UK residents who are at least 18 years of age and are not legally restricted from obtaining credit e.g. because of bankruptcy. Please read the Summary Box and Terms and Conditions on our website for full financial details. Argos Credit Card is issued by Vanquis Bank Limited. Vanquis Bank can be contacted at its registered office at No. 1 Godwin Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD1 2SU. Registered number 02558509. Consumer Credit Licence number 532364. Vanquis Bank Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. In relation to the Argos Credit Card, Home Retail Group Card Services Limited (which is part of the Argos Group) acts exclusively with Vanquis Bank Limited. Argos Card, Royal Avenue, Widnes WA8 1AL. Registered Office: Home Retail Group Card Services Limited: Avebury, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK9 2NW. Registered in England no. 04007072

Now promise me you don't all apply at once and crash their systems:D

Comments

• InsideInsurance
    Options
    Given target markets Vanquish and Home Retail Group are fairly good matches for each other.
  • obay
    obay Posts: 570 Forumite
    Options
    Argos don't do Credit checks on you, as the searches don't show on your account, yet they still put the account on your file...

Anyways, with my argos card I always manage to pay as much as I can each month.. and I've just paid of a lump sum yesterday due to the rediculess interest rates...
    [STRIKE]1/12/16 - £152,599.00 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]11/11/17 - £145,990.00 [/STRIKE] <> Overpaid £3916.
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
    Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37
  • RichL74
    RichL74 Posts: 938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vanquish - if thats a deliberate typo then very good :D
  • obay
    obay Posts: 570 Forumite
    Options
    Because I already have an Argos card, does this make me even more elligable for these offer? Because I already have an account with them that I pay up to date?
    [STRIKE]1/12/16 - £152,599.00 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]11/11/17 - £145,990.00 [/STRIKE] <> Overpaid £3916.
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
    Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    obay wrote: »
    Because I already have an Argos card, does this make me even more elligable for these offer? Because I already have an account with them that I pay up to date?

Doubt it would make a difference to be honest
  • john1002
    Options
    read the small print as you dont qualify if you already hold a argos credit card, store card though you might be able to

john
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Should just point out for clarity, this is the Argos Credit Card and not the Argos Account Card. The Argos card is issued by Argos (Home Retail Finance Group) and can only be used in Argos or Homebase.

The new Argos Credit Card issued by Vanquis can be used everywhere that accepts credit cards.
  • RichL74
    Options
    I don't know why having a store card affects you but there you go.
  • Curr946
    Curr946 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    so... us store card holders will still get the 0% BNPL deals?
    If you keep on doing what's you've always done, you'll keep on being what you've always been...:think:
  • RichL74
    Options
    Well yeah can't see why not its two seperate things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport