does any one know

Options
hi i'm having a bad time wth virgin just now they are a total joke does anyone know a good company to transfer to i currently pay for 10mb download (although lucky if i get 8 sometimes it's 6)the customer service is pathetic to put it mildly so i need to transfer ...anyone got any advice on who to try?

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    oh forgot to add i need unlimeted down load as well ...was looking at mad as a fish but they have a 5meg limit
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    I assume you have cable broadband? if so you cannot transfer the service.

The other option you have is ADSL which you'll need to get a BT landline in order to get broadband services from other companies :)

and theres no other company out there that offers true unlimited downloads! :)
  • elantan
    Options
    thanks norman i just dont want to be stuck with them ...might need to get a different phone anyway so i'll look into bt thanks
  • Madasafish_Customer_Care
    Options
    Hi Elantan,

Be careful if you're looking for an unlimited service, a lot of providers who advertise as unlimited aren't actually unlimited.

You're much better off actually knowing what your general usage is like and then going with a provider who openly publishes their guidelines. Otherwise you may get caught out by a Fair Usage Policy.

Expresso has written a good article on how to check your usage.

And here is a good article explaining the false economy of "unlimited" broadband: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/08/unlimited_broadband_ads_dishonest/

Good luck choosing your future ISP!

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • elantan
    Options
    cheers will have alook at them and see what we come up with ...will probably have to stick with virgin worst luck though
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure