We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

business plan for a small cafe, what would it need?

Options
2»

Comments

• Regshoe
    Options
    This website will give you more information: http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/home?r.l1=1073858805&r.s=l

I remember doing a college project and remember a bank had a business start up plan that basically you could fill all the details to get finance - could of been hsbc but it was 8 years ago

Yep - i remember seeing it when I opened my account with HSBC.

The following link is to their business plan page, about halfway down is a link to "Write your start business plan" then on the popup there is a download button to download a word copy of their template.

Even if you don't use it the headings and descriptions should give you some idea of what need to be in it.
  • Acc72
    Acc72 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Options
    What is the purpose of the business plan ?

You need to do one for yourslef, just to make sure that your proposal is hopefully profitable.

Asuming that you have already done this and are looking for the bank to lend you money, the up shot is that whatever plan you give them they will want some security / guarantee (eg. your house).

The stark reality is that without such security, if the amount of money is more than you could get on a 0% interest credit card (not that I recommend this !) then you are unlikely to get a loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport