Equidebt Limited letter

Options
124»

Comments

• belle_ayling
    Options
    Received another letter today saying they are trying to obtain a copy of the original agreement from whoever and they will reply by 4th February.

One question...IF they do provide a copy, are we still covered by the time statute?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated - we have a baby due in May and really don't have the disposable income to have to pay this off!

Cheers in advance :)
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Yes. If yours the debt could still be statute barred.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • belle_ayling
    Options
    Thanks Fermi for the quick response.

Does anyone know of a complaint template for the FOS that we may be able to send and get them off our backs at all?

Thanks again - this website and it's members are INVALUABLE!!
  • Michaelo
    Michaelo Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 12 February 2013 at 12:05PM
    Options
    Hi all, I am going through the same hassle with EquiDebt/Aktiv Kapital, at the moment.
    All the same standard letters ie. we are trying to trace a Mr xxxx, if you don't respond we shall assume it's you we're looking for etc etc.
    I sent the "prove it letter" and they came back again stating the same details and asking me to contact them to arrange repayment of the amount.
    This morning I contacted the FOS, the guy I spoke to seemed aware of both EquiDebt and Aktiv Kapital, took my details and relevant information and is going to get an investigation underway.
    I was very worried by all of this, which is stupid because the debt is not mine, they are in the wrong, don't let them get away with it, report them, Michael.
  • ValHaller
    ValHaller Posts: 5,212 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Michaelo wrote: »
    Hi all, I am going through the same hassle with EquiDebt/Aktiv Kapital, at the moment.
    All the same standard letters ie. we are trying to trace a Mr xxxx, if you don't respond we shall assume it's you we're looking for etc etc.
    I sent the "prove it letter" and they came back again stating the same details and asking me to contact them to arrange repayment of the amount.
    This morning I contacted the FOS, the guy I spoke to seemed aware of both EquiDebt and Aktiv Kapital, took my details and relevant information and is going to get an investigation underway.
    I was very worried by all of this, which is stupid because the debt is not mine, they are in the wrong, don't let them get away with it, report them, Michael.
    Please. just start a new thread. I have just read through a solved problem by rpu240, another issue from belle_ayling, another from Pootsmanuva, all of which are pretty much dead, just to reach yours, 36 posts in.
    You might as well ask the Wizard of Oz to give you a big number as pay a Credit Referencing Agency for a so-called 'credit-score'
  • struggle2
    Options
    I got the same wording from Buchanan Clark & Wells and have a black mark by this Aktiv Kapital on my credit record. So who is this Aktiv Kapital?
    Struggle2:(
  • babszz
    babszz Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    i had some credit card debt arond 7 years ago thought BF at time cleared as his but never.
    Moved abroad for 5 years back couple and looking at getting a mortgage.
    I went onto equifax to get credit history nothing came up all clear also joined the electoral role again as been away
    ot the blue i have received a lette from equidebt threatening court/CCJs and the baiffs!

what should i do if i reply i am acknowledging it?
  • Steve_Warwickshire
    Options
    Hi all.
    PLEASE READ THIS

I have a VERY close relative who works for Equidebt, I will only refer to my relative as "my relative" to protect their identity from Equidebt for clear reasons.

My relative came up for coffee today(18 June 2013) and told me that
    my relative's door entry card had been deactivated, my relative had to buzz for entry. when my relative entered the call centre/office, debt collectors( a skeleton staff) were telling phone callers that "Equidebt has today gone into administration".

my relative was then told to clear their desk and no redundancy would be paid.

How this will affect people who have dealings with Equidebt is unknown,no doubt the administrators will try to collect as much money as possible,bearing in mind that nearly all accounts held with Equidebt are unenforceable.

I hope this helps some of you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport