Equidebt Limited letter

Options

Comments

• rup240
    Options
    Hi all, not much of an update from me as since Equidebt last letter to me dated 27th Sept saying they "repond within the next five working days" to my prove it letter i've had no futher contact from them. So im for me at least am hoping that they have given up hassling me, but with their unprofessionalism maybe not, i'll just keep checking the post .

rup240
  • belle_ayling
    Options
    Little update...

My husband received a letter today (which also stated the debt amount even though we haven't confirmed anything! And it was with Aktiv Kapital who he has never had any dealings with anyway) saying that a third party (me) has contacted and he needed to sign and return to give permission for them to talk to me.

We have just filled out the Prove it letter which I will be posting tomorrow and hopefully this will all go away as he's covered by the time limitations anyway.

Will post more if we hear anything.

Thanks to Fermi for the template and Ladybez for the advice (my husband hasn't contacted them and I haven't since my initial 'what is this?' phone call last week)
  • rup240
    rup240 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Hello again,

Following Equidebts letter dated 27th Sept saying "they'd be in touch within 5 working days" after i sent them the prove it letter, i have today received another letter from them (dated 19th Oct) saying
    "Reduced settlement letter. Despite repeated efforts for payment, the above account remains unpaid. And that the client is willing to accept a reduced settlement. And that it to be daid no later than 29/10/12"
    The state that the "debt" has dropped from £669.08 to £200.72

Any help on what i should do now would be very appreciated please. Starting to get fed up with them now! :mad:

rup240
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Reducing a debt like that they can't even prove you owe? Sigh.....

If you feel the need to reply, perhaps something like the letter in this link?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=45992721&postcount=3
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Heffi1
    Heffi1 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does the letter prove the debt is yours, have they made this clear yet, if not I would ignore again, as you may know they have to prove the debt is yours, it is not for you to prove it is not. And the letter saying there is a bonus one time offer of a reduced amount does not constitute proof in my eyes. They are hoping you see the reduced amount and pay it in the hope it all goes away, but you can guarantee a few years down the line someone else will come a knocking for the remainder...
    :) Been here for a long time and don't often post
  • shinkyshonky
    shinkyshonky Posts: 2,782 Forumite
    Options
    Heffi1 wrote: »
    Does the letter prove the debt is yours, have they made this clear yet, if not I would ignore again, as you may know they have to prove the debt is yours, it is not for you to prove it is not. And the letter saying there is a bonus one time offer of a reduced amount does not constitute proof in my eyes. They are hoping you see the reduced amount and pay it in the hope it all goes away, but you can guarantee a few years down the line someone else will come a knocking for the remainder...

^^^^^^
    What they said....Equidebts and Aktiv Kapital are well known debt fishermen trawling...they will see ten Mr Smith`s in one area and if they are after a Mr Smith within that area they will send a letter to 10 Mr Smith`s to trawl -had a few letters off them in the past ,think they have been smacked on the wrist for this type of behaviour before
    “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” Socrates

Haters gonna hate
  • rup240
    Options
    No, none of the letters they've have sent have had any form of proof in them, and they wont do as i know 100% that this debt doesnt belong to me. On the letter in the above link where it says " [copy and paste the sections] " i take it means the 2 listed above 2.6h and 2.8k?

rup240
  • rup240
    Options
    Hello all an update. On the 25th sept in sent the letter that you recommended sending fermi, today i received another letter from Equidebt dated the 26th sept. Im actually impressed with how quick they respond to a complaint that "we have thoroughly investigated"!!! And "as a result of an administration error" my details were not removed from their system, because of this an automated letter was then sent out to me (would that be an automated letter with the "reduced debt" amount on?!). They say that my details have now been deleted and i will receive no further contact from them.

Hopefully this is the end of it now. I'd like to thank everyone on here that has given me advice, it's all been very reassuring and to fermi for making it easy to understand which letters to send and when. Hopefully this has also helped some others that are being hassled by this "company" too!

rup240 :beer:
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Great news. Thanks for the update. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • belle_ayling
    Options
    Slight update on my husbands issue...
    Received a letter today dated 19/11/2012 saying they have reduced the settlement figure.
    So much for "We will respond within 5 working days" - We sent the Prove it letter on 17th October!!

Have now used the letter template advised by fermi above (thank you ever so much - eternally grateful) which we will post tomorrow and see what/if we hear back.

Will update if receive any more communication.

Thanks all again for advice :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport