RentaCar Spain - buyer beware!

Options
Be VERY careful if you book with this company. On arrival at Malaga airport, we had to agree to pay an unexpected returnable deposit of 400Euros to cover any damage to the vehicle during the rental period. It is now a week since we returned the car undamaged and are still waiting for our money back. As we paid with Visa, we have sent them all the documentation we have in the hope they can sort the matter out.

Comments

• meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cammy33 wrote: »
    Be VERY careful if you book with this company. On arrival at Malaga airport, we had to agree to pay an unexpected returnable deposit of 400Euros to cover any damage to the vehicle during the rental period. It is now a week since we returned the car undamaged and are still waiting for our money back. As we paid with Visa, we have sent them all the documentation we have in the hope they can sort the matter out.

Every car i have ever hired has required a deposit. Always made by giving your credit card details. I don't know of any car hire company that doesn't do this.

It does say on their website that the credit card holder must be present when the car is collected, would that not give you a clue ?

Mind you after reading the text on their website, i wouldn't use them !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure