Help please...ebay searches showing up on all other household laptops ets..???

Options
2»

Comments

• barmonkey
    barmonkey Posts: 7,159 Forumite
    Options
    It also goes off your IP address, so as well as doing this, turn your router off for a couple of minutes and turn it back on. If you only clear the eBay history it will remove the 'recently viewed' list, but it won't clear the suggestions based on what you've been looking at which can be a pretty big giveaway - getting a new IP address will sort that out. I don't know why eBay introduced these features with no way of opting out, it's a massive pain!

i never turn my router off and i dont have that problem, i have 4 pc/laptops in the flat and the suggestions dont appear on them.
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • Jen_Jen1985
    Options
    It was all a bit odd and went on for a week or so with FIL joking about him spying on our purchases. With that in mind I made sure to look up latex masks and ball gags one afternoon ;)

wonder if the same thing happened to my sister, she logged in the other day with ebays reccomendations, based on her latest viewings, adult nappies! :eek:
    I dont wanna know who was looking up those items, although we all have our suspicions :rotfl:
    S.P.C member 1662 - target £300
  • slimthinker
    Options
    Thanx for all your ideas guys...especially to Pullip and Jen for making me smile ;-)

Have tried clearing history etc before and it doesnt work...
    Have managed to sort it I had totally forgotten about the times the kids have logged into 'My Ebay' to add ides for Xmas to my 'watching' list...Have now made them all sign into their own account and now they dont see my searches...Yaaaaaaaaaay...

Sorry to all the guys who suggested this and I said I definately hadnt used their netbooks Doooooooooooooh !!!
  • sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if using Firefox would private browsing solve it?
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sniggings wrote: »
    if using Firefox would private browsing solve it?
    Not read the thread then?
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family