I've got print at home tickets - how to pick up travelcard?

Options
We have tickets for the athletics next Monday.

I live in London within the travelcard zone. But apparently I need to pick up my free travelcard from the venue (Stratford). But I'll need to pay to get there!

My SIL is going to the cycling there tomorrow. Could she pick them up for me?

Or failing that, could I go pick them up at the weekend, either from Stratford or the one in Horseguards Parade? I know I'll have to pay, but I could combine the trip with something else.

Thanks

Comments

• barbarawright
    barbarawright Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, you would have had to pay £6 delivery charge for the free travelcard so you haven't really lost anything. You can collect from any venue but you can only collect in person as you need photo id and your bankcard (though they may be laxer for the Paralympics?)
  • RaiderHammer
    Options
    To pick up tickets it needs to be the person who booked the tickets with photographic id and the visa card used to book the tickets. Whether they will let someone else take the travecards I don't know but if your SIL can get there it's worth a go.

I had the same situation with tickets for two events at the Olympics. I was in London last week so I picked up my Paralympics tickets then with travelcards.

What I did for the olympics is just used my Oyster card for the single journey to pick up the tickets on the day and then after that we used the travel cards.

It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, so enjoy.
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've found a better answer to my question: http://www.getaheadofthegames.com/news/1380.html

I can just travel with my print at home tickets for free! Hurrah!!!
  • RaiderHammer
    Options
    Katgoddess wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I've found a better answer to my question: http://www.getaheadofthegames.com/news/1380.html

I can just travel with my print at home tickets for free! Hurrah!!!

Wow, wish I had seen that before!
  • james_joyce
    Options
    Hi, I'm meeting up with a friend in central London and going to the athletics. I've paid for the 2 paralympic tickets. Can he print out my ticket confirmation and travel free on TfL without me?
  • numptyknownothing
    Options
    Hi - I got tickets for the athletics next monday and have confirmation email but have not been able to get onto the website since to print out my actual print at home tickets? What did you do??
  • james_joyce
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. I gather the tickets are sent in a separate email from the confirmation, in PDF format. If I don't get mine soon (next 24 hrs) I will ring them.
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    So, can I travel on the tube with my print at home ticket in the morning, then return again at night, or do I need a travelcard for that?
  • james_joyce
    Options
    The information on the website isn't very clear:

'...TfL have recognised that some people need to collect their Paralympic tickets from venues on the day of their event. In those cases TfL staff will allow spectators to travel on services operated by TfL as long as they have a print out ticket or confirmation they have purchased Paralympic tickets for that day'.

Surely someone with a print out ticket is not one of 'those cases'...and yet they (we!) can apparently travel all day without a travelcard.
  • james_joyce
    james_joyce Posts: 293 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2012 at 10:55PM
    Options
    Unless you take the first bit to mean '...to collect their Paralympic tickets and/or travelcards from venues on the day of their event', in which case it all makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure