Problems Accessing MoneySavingExpert site

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
6 replies 1.4K views
SleeplessinScandinaviaSleeplessinScandinavia Forumite
483 Posts
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
Has anybody else found problems accessing the moneysavingexpert.com site lately?

Both this morning, (Mon 27th Aug) and yesterday morning, I couldn't access the site (other sites no problem) and received messages such as 'Diagnose Connection problems' (there didn't seem to be any) and 'server is taking too long to respond'

Then, lo and behold, in the afternoon, I was able to connect (as now). I'm just curious about whether its the site, or something to do with my internet connection or operating system...?:(

Replies

• CKhalvashiCKhalvashi Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anybody else found problems accessing the moneysavingexpert.com site lately?

Both this morning, (Mon 27th Aug) and yesterday morning, I couldn't access the site (other sites no problem) and received messages such as 'Diagnose Connection problems' (there didn't seem to be any) and 'server is taking too long to respond'

Then, lo and behold, in the afternoon, I was able to connect (as now). I'm just curious about whether its the site, or something to do with my internet connection or operating system...?:(

I've had none of the problems mentioned, so I honestly can't answer.

Someone in Serbia (just asked them to look it up) states that they are, although it's probably her internet connection, as she's been having problems.

CK
    "I kada sanjamo san, nek bude hiljadu raznih boja" (L. Stamenkovic)

Please note: All posts on Coronavirus legislation refer to England unless specified otherwise.

I can spell, my iPad can't.
  • ehloehlo Forumite
    396 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Are you on o2 / Be? If so you're having the same problem as me.

Details are available here and here

MSE loads images and stuff from a different place. Turning off images has made things usable for me.
  • fermifermi Forumite
    40.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had problems this morning with anything from static2.moneysavingexpert.com not loading. Which effectively stopped access to the forums for the most part.

Did seem to be some problem with DNS/routing, as switching DNS servers over to OpenDNS solved it.

(And to confirm, switching them back to my ISP or even Google DNS brought the problem back)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • LavendyrLavendyr Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ehlo wrote: »
    Are you on o2 / Be? If so you're having the same problem as me.

Details are available here and here

MSE loads images and stuff from a different place. Turning off images has made things usable for me.

I was experiencing this today and last night. Thank you for this post - massively helpful and explains the issue (we are O2!) :)
  • Thanks for the replies folks!:smiley:

I'm actually in Sweden (whether that has been part of the problem, along with the astronomical tax I have to pay here:laugh:) - but I had a problem with my security software, and was advised by the company to use IE as it was said to be more straightforward.

It wasn't (for me anyway) and I've gone back to Firefox, tweaked the settings a little - and hope for the best.

Good to see I'm not alone!
  • I want to know why myself and numerous friends who have been receiving the News Letter for years can no longer get. We have all made sure it is not being blocked in anyway and Orange have said they don't know why. I have even unsubscribed, received an email, resubscribed and received email plus newsletter which shows not being blocked - then nothing. I have found writing to webmaster unhelpful and the last email I sent re problem was read and deleted. Who else is having this problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals