Handelsbanken

Options
12346»

Comments

• jinkster
    jinkster Posts: 376 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coutts need £1mill of investable assets. I understand they used to take salary into consideration but not anymore.

Handlesbanken, I'm currently working in the Middle East and off to see them next week about a mortgage. My local branch are very good and willing to help whereas Natwest are not! My situation of earning foreign money is different and I am hoping that someone like HB are likely to understand my case and be flexible.
  • crystal_pixie_2
    Options
    There seems to be some misunderstanding with Handelsbanken criteria (or maybe it differs depending on area?). I am a higher tax payer but there is no way I earn £100k+. I also had a terrible credit rating due to divorce, but they still accepted me for a current account (no other bank would at the time) and I have been running this account without any problems.

A year on I have been offered an overdraft and a chargecard and I have no problems with using the online banking and app.

The service is good but yes the rates aren't great. I think it depends on what you want in a bank I suppose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure