New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

2 days until I'm DF!

edited 28 August 2012 at 6:09PM in Debt-Free Wannabe
35 replies 9.5K views
mrsb83_2mrsb83_2 Forumite
914 posts
edited 28 August 2012 at 6:09PM in Debt-Free Wannabe
Wow.

After a frugal month, I've been able to move my DFD forward from the 25th September to the 24th August. That's in two days' time!

I am in shock. I remember updating my figures to 8% paid off and how daunting the task seemed. But budgeting has changed my life completely, and I've paid off £24k in two years whilst having more ££ in my purse and having learnt the real value of a pound.

Good luck to all of you starting your journeys, or coming to the end as I am. This site has allowed me to become financially literate for the first time in my adult life, and I couldn't be more grateful.

[FONT=&quot][threadbanner]box[/threadbanner][/FONT]
Total Debt Sept 2010 - £24,132.38 / Current - £0.00/ 100% paid

DFD - [STRIKE]Aug 2014[/STRIKE] 24th Aug 2012

£10 a day // Jun - £64/£300 / Jul - £133/£310 / Aug - £281/£310

Replies

• McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done Mrsb.

:j:j:j:T:T:T

And thanks for the update to, it always encourages others when they hear a success story.

Regards
    Annie
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • WoW!!!! Fantastic news!!! Roll on the 24th :j
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • the-mangothe-mango Forumite
    818 posts
    Xmas Saver! I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done!!:beer::j:T
  • Well done! It's amazing how much you learn after the LBM,I feel like i have grown up and become an adult at last (About time at 38)!!! I wish you luck on your onwards journey!
    Having a Consumer Holiday 2015:A

• Thats a hell of an effort in two years. Give yourself a pat on the back!
    What will you do with all that extra cash now eh? Well done.
    May 2018 - £159k + £3.5K CC - let the countdown begin! :)
    March 2019 - CC gone and bye bye M2 on 31st! £140k to go.:j
  • Just think - if you carry on, in 2 years time you could have £24k in your bank !!!
  • Well done!! I am 1 month away from paying off my loan and having no more debt!!

That's £20k paid off in 5 years. Feels like forever lol
  • wow thats fantastic !!!!! How the hell did you manage that!!!

Well done :)
    Starting Debts 2012 £14,312.71
    22/08/12 - £13,234.90
    **Based on current min payments - Debt free by 01st Sept 2020**
  • Well done MrsB83! that is fantastic!
    As said above are you going to start on the saving?
    Be lovely to know how you get on
    Fraggle
    1% challenge £2015.50 = £20.16
    Make £2.50 a day £80.82/77.50
    Sealed pot opening Nov 2018: ???
    Going back to being to basics. And penny pinching in 2018 This will be my year 😘
  • MrsB83 wrote: »
    Wow.

After a frugal month, I've been able to move my DFD forward from the 25th September to the 24th August. That's in two days' time!

I am in shock. I remember updating my figures to 8% paid off and how daunting the task seemed. But budgeting has changed my life completely, and I've paid off £24k in two years whilst having more ££ in my purse and having learnt the real value of a pound.

Good luck to all of you starting your journeys, or coming to the end as I am. This site has allowed me to become financially literate for the first time in my adult life, and I couldn't be more grateful.

WOW! That is amazing! I feel so happy for you. Today is the day I begin my journey to debt-free. Thank you for your inspiration - it came at the perfect time, congratulations once again! :-D
    "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed."
    - Gandhi
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support