New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: TalkTalk to sell its own mobile deals

edited 20 August 2012 at 5:53PM in Mobiles
11 replies 3K views
MSE_GuyMSE_Guy MSE Staff
1.7K posts
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
edited 20 August 2012 at 5:53PM in Mobiles
"The telecoms retailer has launched its own range of mobile deals using the Vodafone network ..."

Replies

• MSE_Guy wrote: »
    "The telecoms retailer has launched its own range of mobile deals using the Vodafone network ..."

Right article, wrong headline? :D
  • A somewhat confusing article. TalkMobile (the mobile phone arm of talktalk) has been around for a year or two.

I think what you mean is that they have just updated or "improved" their deals. Its hardly news; but might be worth a look , if you are looking for a new sim only deal or no frills service.
  • A somewhat confusing article. TalkMobile (the mobile phone arm of talktalk) has been around for a year or two.

I think what you mean is that they have just updated or "improved" their deals. Its hardly news; but might be worth a look , if you are looking for a new sim only deal or no frills service.

TalkMobile is owned by the Carphone Warehouse, who also coincidentally own TalkTalk.

TalkTalk now offer their 'own' (virtual) mobile network and phones which, to the consumer, is a competing brand unconnected to TalkMobile.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/mobile/
    The quickest way to become a millionaire is start off as a billionaire and go into the airline business.
    Richard Branson
  • They are so incompetent I wouldnt use them if they were free!!
  • grumpycrabgrumpycrab Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit of an odd one this. Are Carphone trying to confuse us poor punters?
    Anyway if you want to get a mobile on Carphone Warehouses own (albeit virtual) network then follow this simple guide :-

Are you a TalkTalk customer?
    If YES goto http://www.talktalk.co.uk/mobile/
    If No goto http://www.talkmobile.co.uk/

Perhaps CPW should set up a portal https://www.talkmobiletalk.co.uk ;-)
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • jenniewbjenniewb Forumite
    12.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talktalk have been doing this for years! They've often offered me a free sim first time about 2-3 years ago with x free minutes and texts (no data offer) and any charges added to my home line bill.

I've always turned them down but talktalk doing mobile phone contracts definitly not a new thing. They never used to offer any handsets though, if they're doing that then its fairly new.
  • edited 21 August 2012 at 3:48AM
    jhpjhp Forumite
    2.3K posts
    edited 21 August 2012 at 3:48AM
    Talk Talk Mobile has been in existence since late 2010 it used to offer sim only deals. Whats changed is its now offering mobiles as well.

Talkmobile launched in 2007.
  • GRMGRM Forumite
    644 posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Carphone Warehouse, who also coincidentally own TalkTalk

Not any more, Talk Talk was demerged from CPW in March 2010 and is now separately listed on the stock exchange.
  • TalkMobile and Vectone mobile are both offering far far better deals anyway, why would anyone sign up for TalkTalk mobile
    OTB :D

Always happy to help (ba-da-ba-ba-ba ching ching)
  • jenniewbjenniewb Forumite
    12.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TalkMobile and Vectone mobile are both offering far far better deals anyway, why would anyone sign up for TalkTalk mobile

I'd imagine talktalk would use it as a tool to try to retain customers when they've had enough of their heavily accented call centers.

(Either that or the on-hold music will wind them up "..a neon rainbo-hohohohooo an neon rainbow..but then a..."-repeat ad nauseum then follow with other radom tunes such as "relax don't do it..." I can't help wondering if they were able to read minds like the music seems to hint at, they'd have hung up on me by that point).
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support