Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Clickworker

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
178 replies 107.7K views
1121314151618»

Replies

• JoraffeJoraffe Forumite
    52 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am asking because I can't find it!
  • JoraffeJoraffe Forumite
    52 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Obvioulsy I have already looked but it seems that there used to be referal threads and they have been closed??!! Why?
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They automatically get closed after a period of thread inactivity.

Open a new one
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • polkasquarespolkasquares Forumite
    11 Posts
    First Post
    Is anyone here registered with Clickworker?
    I have a question with regards to receiving payment. I know that you need to have a PayPal account to receive payment for the work you do, but my question is, they pay you in euros, so once the money is in your PayPal account, do you then convert it into GBP £? If so, wouldn't that mean you actually get paid less for the work because you need to factor into account the exchange rate and the conversion fee that PayPal charges you to convert from euro to GBP £?
  • marmaladeatkinsmarmaladeatkins Forumite
    204 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    You get paid in Euros and it shows as Euros in your Paypal account, separate from any GBP balance. Your total balance is shown in GBP and when you withdraw the Euros it does so as GBP (or at least shows them as such). Yes it takes in to account exchange rates - so 5 Euros might show on your account as £4.52 (as an example).
    From what I recall when withdrawing there is no conversation fee - if you withdraw from your Euro balance, you get the full amount as GBP in your bank account.
  • polkasquarespolkasquares Forumite
    11 Posts
    First Post
    You get paid in Euros and it shows as Euros in your Paypal account, separate from any GBP balance. Your total balance is shown in GBP and when you withdraw the Euros it does so as GBP (or at least shows them as such). Yes it takes in to account exchange rates - so 5 Euros might show on your account as £4.52 (as an example).
    From what I recall when withdrawing there is no conversation fee - if you withdraw from your Euro balance, you get the full amount as GBP in your bank account.

Thanks!
    I have another question: when it comes to filling in your self-assessment tax return form and having to provide the income amount that I made from Clickworker, I'm not sure which figure I'm meant to provide - do I provide the Euro balance or the GBP balance? If it's the GBP balance, then do I provide the balance without the exchange rate or with the exchange rate?
  • edited 23 July 2020 at 11:59AM
    marmaladeatkinsmarmaladeatkins Forumite
    204 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 23 July 2020 at 11:59AM
    Sorry, I've never earned enough from CW to include it in self-assessment. But having done so from other sources, mainly in US$, I personally have always used the GBP conversation amount for self-assessment purposes. I've never included a conversation rate since it fluctates, I have just added up, for example, monthly GBP amounts for the year.
  • edited 23 July 2020 at 1:29PM
    polkasquarespolkasquares Forumite
    11 Posts
    First Post
    edited 23 July 2020 at 1:29PM
    Sorry, I've never earned enough from CW to include it in self-assessment. But having done so from other sources, mainly in US$, I personally have always used the GBP conversation amount for self-assessment purposes. I've never included a conversation rate since it fluctates, I have just added up, for example, monthly GBP amounts for the year.

Thanks for the info! Very helpful! :)