Clickworker

Comments

• Hey, can someone possibly tell me a bit more about this? I've heard it mentioned a few times in the last 24hours and I'm quite interested, but would like to know a bit more before I sign up!

What kind of things do you read (like what do copywriting jobs involve?) Is it fair pay for the time involved (or do you spend an hour earning 50p), are there any deadlines (once I start it must be done tonight)? Any info much appreciated!!!

There is all sorts of work, i've written copy for an online shop, written short pieces for Groupon, and some very easy if not dull pieces for Lufthansa on cheap flights between particular destinations. Not sure about fair pay. It depends on how quickly you can churn out the articles. I have found the instructions are incredibly detailed, but not always easy to follow, so I usually spend a silly amount of time trying to write the first article or 2, just to work out what they are looking for. Once i've done a couple I can usually write the rest much faster and the hourly rate improves. Basically if I find its taking me too long, I don't do any more of those tasks.

Even so, its still less than minimum wage, but then i'm sat doing little else in the evenings so its all extra money as far as I am concerned.

Deadlines are usually a couple of hours from when you first accept the task so you need to do them immediately.

Unfortunately there has been no work for several days now though :(
  • Anybody know anything about all these evaluation jobs? It asks to question the distance but a lot have n/a in it?
  • Angel1978 wrote: »
    Anybody know anything about all these evaluation jobs? It asks to question the distance but a lot have n/a in it?

I figured that its best to say no (not relevant) as you don't know the distance. Seems to be OK so far!
  • Angel1978_2
    Angel1978_2 Posts: 248 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2012 at 2:15PM
    I figured that its best to say no (not relevant) as you don't know the distance. Seems to be OK so far!

Phew! I'm not the only one then! Thanks Schminky! There are loads! Just a shame they don't pay a little more for the couple of clicks lol! :D

EDIT: it let me 220 and then told me there were no more jobs. When two seconds ago there were 2000 jobs. I know this happened to someone else also! :o
  • MacsReturns
    MacsReturns Posts: 335 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2012 at 5:56PM
    Angel1978 wrote: »
    Anybody know anything about all these evaluation jobs? It asks to question the distance but a lot have n/a in it?

I've been trying a few of these, too. I've gone on the idea that n/a CAN be okay IF it's a national chain (ie it returns someone like ASDA) because it will be a national site where you can go on to find your local store. Or if they deliver nationally, of course. But if it comes back with Mrs Miggin's Pie Shop, then it could be anywhere - so that gets a 'no' from me.

Anyway, it's more of a survey than a test, and I'm sure the statistical data of who choses which answers is as important to the client as the answers themselves ;)

Edit: I also stopped getting any more after 220 of them - must be rationed... still, 2.20 Euros I wouldn't have had otherwise ...
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone - Thoreau
  • I've been trying a few of these, too. I've gone on the idea that n/a CAN be okay IF it's a national chain (ie it returns someone like ASDA) because it will be a national site where you can go on to find your local store. Or if they deliver nationally, of course. But if it comes back with Mrs Miggin's Pie Shop, then it could be anywhere - so that gets a 'no' from me.

Anyway, it's more of a survey than a test, and I'm sure the statistical data of who choses which answers is as important to the client as the answers themselves ;)

Edit: I also stopped getting any more after 220 of them - must be rationed... still, 2.20 Euros I wouldn't have had otherwise ...

Thanks Mac. I pretty much went with the same theory. Every penny counts. Hope more work is showing soon! Back to Text Broker for me in the interim! My paypal is getting a healthy boost from two sites though! :D
  • Well, that was infuriating. I´ve just wasted 40 minutes trying to do a Groupon article that was impossible to submit. It told me to include one particular set of keywords in the title of both paragraphs, so I did. Then it told me that I could only use it once. Nothing worked! Whatever I tried I could not submit the piece. 40 minutes and I won´t even get paid.
  • MacsReturns
    MacsReturns Posts: 335 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2012 at 5:37PM
    Well, that was infuriating. I´ve just wasted 40 minutes trying to do a Groupon article that was impossible to submit. It told me to include one particular set of keywords in the title of both paragraphs, so I did. Then it told me that I could only use it once. Nothing worked! Whatever I tried I could not submit the piece. 40 minutes and I won´t even get paid.

Hi Amber - did you take a note of what the keyword checker was doing at the top? ie did they all turn turn green when you submitted? If you weren't looking at it you might have had one keyword registering twice. This does happen on occasion, usually when one of the topic - city ones gets counted as a city - topic one as well. So everything looks great except for that second keyword which flashes up a red 3 and blocks your submission. There's no hard and fast rules about WHY this happens, but I've usually found the best way to 'kill' it when it does is either extend (or re-order) the sentence with the topic - city keyword. Sometimes just adding an exclamation mark stops it double counting. If that doesn't work, I usually change one of the city - topic keywords to 'local' - topic, and that usually drops the count back to where it should be.

Wierdest of all, I've also found that 'cutting' the keyword (ctrl-X) also works. Once the text is removed, wait for the counter to register, and you will see both counts drop by one. THEN just 'paste' the cut text back where it came from, and it very often only gets counted the once instead of twice. Text is exactly the same, but you got over the double-counting.

And from this you can guess that I have had some similar annoying battles with the keyword counter :D

Hope this helps. I really should go and do some before they dry up, but CBA - I've been trimming hedges all day and swearing at hawthorn and brambles has exhausted my supply of literary imagination for the day :o
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone - Thoreau
  • Hi Mac, yes I was checking the counter. I mailed Clickworker and they got back to me quickly to say that it was a bug that has now been fixed. So I´m going in again to have another bash ... will keep your tips in mind in case of future hassles:)
  • Hi guys,

I scored pretty low on the author test, does this mean I will never get any work? From what I understand the total workload is also decreasing
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback