Is there a forum for proper money savers?

Options
I'm sick of people being too soft on debt on this website. Where's a site that actively discourages all debt and isn't scared to tell people off when they make stupid decisions regarding money?

I'm not trolling, just in a stressed out mood and sick of too many posts advising people on using lower rates credit cards rather than sacrificing some lifestyle and getting serious about saving money and clearing debts.
Bank Loans: [STRIKE]£25000[/STRIKE] £0- Barclay Card 14%: [STRIKE]£2500[/STRIKE] £0- Student Loan: [STRIKE]£12,500[/STRIKE] £0
Current total [STRIKE]£40,000[/STRIKE] £0:j (100% PAID OFF)

Comments

• Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    andymc29 wrote: »
    I'm sick of people being too soft on debt on this website. Where's a site that actively discourages all debt and isn't scared to tell people off when they make stupid decisions regarding money?

I'm not trolling, just in a stressed out mood and sick of too many posts advising people on using lower rates credit cards rather than sacrificing some lifestyle and getting serious about saving money and clearing debts.

These boards are full of that type of advice. Live within your means, think carefully before spending etc etc etc. In fact, this entire site is devoted to that advice, although perhaps not in the forceful and imposing wording you appear to prefer.
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    andymc29 wrote: »

Perhaps a break from this site for a while would help to alleviate your stress.;)

If the posts you disagree with are making you feel stressed and powerless............maybe switching off your computer for a while is a good idea.

Have some time outdoors while we've got warm weather.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure