We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Help Needed on Next Step

Options
I have today received an offer from Barclays offering to pay me a good gesture of £1840 out of the £3031 that they owe me.

Can anyone please tell me the next step i need to take as i do not feel that this is an acceptable offer.

Thanks

Comments

• nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jemski wrote: »
    I have today received an offer from Barclays offering to pay me a good gesture of £1840 out of the £3031 that they owe me.

Can anyone please tell me the next step i need to take as i do not feel that this is an acceptable offer.

What stage are you currently at?
  • Jemski
    Options
    Only at the beggining i think!

I have sent the first letter to Barclay's requesting the money they owe me back.

Barclays sent a letter to acknowledge recipt and i have now recived a letter offering me a good gesture sum.
  • Bakeybadoo
    Bakeybadoo Posts: 810 Forumite
    Options
    Send them the 2nd letter, with a paragraph saying that you accept that amount as partial settlement but that you intend to continue with your claim for the full amount.
    :: BCSC #71 but now discharged! ::
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family