Kent Reliance - Beware of Indian call centre

Options
Recently opened a 3.2% direct saver account at what I thought was a UK building society. Well they emailed to pay a deposit with a sort code and account number. A dposit was transferred direct by bacs from my bank. My building society then transferred a further £7000 to what I thought was my new account , however, it turned out to be a 'holding' account for Kent Reliance . 10 days and several phone calls which all go to an Indian call centre the money is still missing. All they could say they had the initial deposit but not the £7000. My building society could not recall the payment. The staff at the Indian call centre kept putting me on hold, promising to call back which they did NOT. Threatened to go to the Financial Ombudsman to complain and have since had a call from staff in the UK HURRAY ! They are now going to check that the £7000 is in the holding account and will transfer it to my new savings. I have had sleepless nights wondering where my £7000 had gone. Am still complaining to the FSA. The staff in the Indian call centre are ok for telling you your balance but havn't a clue how to deal with a problem. I might as well have been talking to my cat.

Comments

• Totton
    Totton Posts: 981 Forumite
    Options
    My recent experience of an Indian call centre was when reporting a line fault to BT. The staff were fantastically polite, even calling me back at their expense at the time and day they said they would. The only thing that they were useless at was resolving my problem, some 5 weeks later I still have the same problem but BT have closed the job as 'resolved'.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    Am still complaining to the FSA
    Why? They don't deal with customer complaints.
    Threatened to go to the Financial Ombudsman to complain
    Ah, now they do deal with complaints. But only when you've exhausted the complaints procedure of the organisation you have a problem with.
  • ChiefGrasscutter
    ChiefGrasscutter Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 August 2012 at 7:01PM
    Options
    So do I correctly gather from the OP's post that the un-named "building society" transfered the £7K to the wrong account at the KR?
    As a result it ended up in the KR's holding/suspense account as it was sent to presumably a non-existant account number with them?
    So they did not know what to do with it.
    Funds sent in error to non-existant accounts usually "bounce back" to the originating account after about a week

...and this is all the fault of the KR..................???????????????
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ...and this is all the fault of the KR..................???????????????

Doesn't even seem to be the fault of KRBS. Judging from the title of the thread, it's that wicked Indian Call Centre, you know!
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Totton wrote: »
    My recent experience of an Indian call centre was when reporting a line fault to BT. The staff were fantastically polite, even calling me back at their expense at the time and day they said they would. The only thing that they were useless at was resolving my problem, some 5 weeks later I still have the same problem but BT have closed the job as 'resolved'.

Great news and well done BT for resolving the problem so quickly.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Great news and well done BT for resolving the problem so quickly.

That's why their Chief and his fellow Directors get vast bonus payments every year.
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    That's why their Chief and his fellow Directors get vast bonus payments every year.

and probably why I lost so much on BT shares
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • newbutold
    newbutold Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for this op. Was looking to open account with Kent but will look elsewhere. I try to avoid overseas call centres where possible. Staff are always polite but if you have a problem or a query out of the norm, they tend to be useless.
    If my posts have random wrong words, please blame the damn autocorrect not me :D
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    newbutold wrote: »
    Thanks for this op. Was looking to open account with Kent but will look elsewhere. I try to avoid overseas call centres where possible. Staff are always polite but if you have a problem or a query out of the norm, they tend to be useless.

You are absolutely right decision. I sent out my application form to the Kent R BS on 27 July, not heard anything from them. Then today 9 Aug, I called their 01634848944 (UK) number! It was answered by the Indian call centre! Sorry, I have nothing against Indian, just the call certre. She asked lots of my private information, even asked what product I had applied. Then after kept on hold for 5 mins, she told me they got my application form with the cheque. But she explained that account was only opened at branch. I asked why they kept my cheque and application form with them still. She said just they might be able to offer some other profucts to me!!!

No way I will have business to deal with this Kent R BS ever again!!! Mad!!!
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Options
    You are absolutely right decision. I sent out my application form to the Kent R BS on 27 July, not heard anything from them. Then today 9 Aug, I called their 01634848944 (UK) number! It was answered by the Indian call centre! Sorry, I have nothing against Indian, just the call certre. She asked lots of my private information, even asked what product I had applied. Then after kept on hold for 5 mins, she told me they got my application form with the cheque. But she explained that account was only opened at branch. I asked why they kept my cheque and application form with them still. She said just they might be able to offer some other profucts to me!!!

No way I will have business to deal with this Kent R BS ever again!!! Mad!!!

Yes, you don't want to put up with them mangling the english language after all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure