noisy crows

Options
HELP! There are a lot of noisy crows nesting in the trees at the back of the house. They are nested high up in a bit of protected woodland. All day long KAW KAW KAW! Any suggestions from anyone PLEASE!!!!!

Comments

• navig8r
    navig8r Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    gillykins wrote: »
    HELP! There are a lot of noisy crows nesting in the trees at the back of the house. They are nested high up in a bit of protected woodland. All day long KAW KAW KAW! Any suggestions from anyone PLEASE!!!!!

Those crows are Rooks :D ..and the noise will go after the nesting season unlike noisy neighbours, and roads..

Dave
  • gillykins
    gillykins Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Hey, thanks Dave! X
  • Gaz_2-2
    Gaz_2-2 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Shotgun :D
  • wisewoman
    wisewoman Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options

I enjoy the noise, in particular when they settle down in the evening...I say that they are telling their babies bed-time stories. Perhaps thinking about them in a positive way will help. I also love the way the sun glints off their black feathers in a rainbow of blues and greens. Find some of the legends of North America which involve the cleverness of the crow. Enjoy!
    Mortgage Free in Three cheerleader
  • gillykins
    gillykins Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    yrfgnfmjmmmc nmchmhgmhjmjhgjmm
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Earplugs or move, can't do anything about the birds they are also protected.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Buy a cheapo air gun and fire into the trees if you do it two or three times a day you will scare them off.
    Dont get arrested by the armed response units that operate near your house tho
  • navig8r
    navig8r Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    mervyn11 wrote: »
    Buy a cheapo air gun and fire into the trees if you do it two or three times a day you will scare them off.
    Dont get arrested by the armed response units that operate near your house tho

Nothing will dislodge rooks from their rookery short of felling all the trees.
    Some rookerys have been in existance for decades ,possibly hundreds of years .

Dave
  • BobProperty
    BobProperty Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    navig8r wrote: »
    Nothing will dislodge rooks from their rookery short of felling all the trees.
    Some rookerys have been in existance for decades ,possibly hundreds of years .

Dave
    So not even Rook Pie is a solution? :confused:
    A house isn't a home without a cat.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
    I have writer's block - I can't begin to tell you about it.
    You told me again you preferred handsome men but for me you would make an exception.
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    wisewoman is there a website for the american legends of the crow?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure